Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm officially a year and a half of having my CX 30 and it's been a great vehicle but have made a move today and will be going to a 2021 100th anniversary edition Mazda 3 sport turbo as I love Mazda's products and after test driveing both the turbo CX 30 and Mazda 3 sport turbo AWD I have decided that the 3 is much better suited for my spirited driving style and it really huggs the road on tight corners and has a stiffer ride which is what I'm after as I want something more sporty and so here we go !

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
What's the corrosion on the CX30 suspension components like after a Canadian winter?
I climbed under neath it end of last month with my hose and spray nozzle and rinsed the underbody thoroughly to get the salt and grit off and to my surprise it is pretty clean with no rust .. I will try to get a picture for you before taking delivery of my 100th anniversary edition Mazda 3 sport turbo if the weather cooperates as it's supposed to rain most of the week but all in all it was really good ... Minor surface rust on the ehaust and that was really it .. AWD mounts etc are aluminum and of course had no rust so I'm impressed overall how little rust there is .
I have zero added rust protection to.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That’s the longest run-on sentence I’ve seen in years! Period much?

j/k. I’m glad the OP is excited about his new ride, it sounds/looks awesome.

Haha I wrote it as if I was telling you guys via voice. Lol I did it as I was sitting in the parking lot of my dealership. I will continue to be a part of this forum as we have some good people on here. I will be joining the Mazda 3 forum for sure tho . Despite white not being my color of choice I have come to terms with it. It got me because it's a 100th anniversary edition Mazda 3 and not many have been made so it's a unique thing to me. Btw that thing is a rice rocket lol talk about power wow. Nice stiff suspension with little to no body roll.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. See you over on the 3 site.

Even if only in white, at least you have the anniversary addition available in the great white north, unlike down here. I have toyed with upgrading my 20 3 premium to a turbo for months, but now it's to late as the dealers have little inventory and they are overly fond of what they have.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Even if only in white, at least you have the anniversary addition available in the great white north, unlike down here. I have toyed with upgrading my 20 3 premium to a turbo for months, but now it's to late as the dealers have little inventory and they are overly fond of what they have.
Thank you it is very exciting :) Is your 3 AWD? I got winter tires for mine and I am hoping it is going to be very close to as good as what my cx 30 was in the winter as it was AWD as well given little less ground clearance but that the compromise I knew i was taking for better handling etc. I do notice oddly that the transmission is way smoother.. trying to figure out why.. software different etc...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thank you it is very exciting :) Is your 3 AWD? I got winter tires for mine and I am hoping it is going to be very close to as good as what my cx 30 was in the winter as it was AWD as well given little less ground clearance but that the compromise I knew i was taking for better handling etc. I do notice oddly that the transmission is way smoother.. trying to figure out why.. software different etc...
Not much need for AWD in central Oklahoma, as snow and ice days are few, and being retired, I do not have to venture out under those rare conditions, so I have the lighter, cheaper fwd. Likewise, there is not much need for cx 30 ground clearance, but a 30 turbo could enter my steep drive without scraping. My N.A. 3 hits if I'm not careful so I would need to select a lower trim Turbo 3 without the appearance package for that reason alone.
Yes, trans is smooth, I have no complaint accept shifts may be a little too syrupy at max acceleration but no more than most cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fully understand your push and pull- gravitating between these fine cars. I also would be considering both if in the market, however, my 2021 cx30 premium awd remains my favorite car out of the 25 plus vehicles I have owned. Being elevated and the additional room tilts the scales toward the cx30 for me, but your driving priorities favor the 3 turbo anniversary sport, and no argument from me-just congratulations. I have enjoyed our discussions.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you it is very exciting :) Is your 3 AWD? I got winter tires for mine and I am hoping it is going to be very close to as good as what my cx 30 was in the winter as it was AWD as well given little less ground clearance but that the comprimise I knew i was takeing for better handling etc.
What's the corrosion on the CX30 suspension components like after a Canadian winter?
I grabbed some pics of underneath from the back ☺

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics of my new 100th anniversary edition Mazda 3 sport . Haven't brought it home yet as I am waiting for the Ceramic coating and Full front end PPF as I do not want stone chips. It was actually made in Japan so that is a huge deal to me.
This car is special being the 100th anniversary edition and so I want the paint to be fully protected.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the photos. That's not what I would call 'pretty clean' after only 18 months. I don't think Mazda's corrosion protection of suspension components is very good but which cars in the same price range are better?
When I worked for toyota.. I remember back in 2015 the Toyota tacoma's and rav 4s I would change oil on would be allot worse i recall so that's why i call that pretty clean :p There is a spot I notice behind the sound deadening carpet on the back tires near the bumper that pushed back and I blasted water in to clean them out because it had allot of and and grit collected in them and those are ok no rust as the protection coating seems to be holding out well from the factory.
I am curious to compare and see how my Mazda 3 is after one winter... as it has no plastic cladding and I am getting PPF applyed to the ares that take the most wear and tear and the entire front end will be to so stone chips on the paint shouldn't be a issue.

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
82 Posts
Enjoy your new Mazda. After a month or so, please come back and post a comparison of the two. Not many people have ownership experience of both the 4th generation Mazda3 and the CX-30.

I didn’t understand why Mazda didn’t let us all get the anniversary editions.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Enjoy your new Mazda. After a month or so, please come back and post a comparison of the two. Not many people have ownership experience of both the 4th generation Mazda3 and the CX-30.

I didn’t understand why Mazda didn’t let us all get the anniversary editions.
I will definitely be doing a in depth comparison review of both of them but what I can tell you so far.. is the 3 has a better stiffer suspension and handles corners more planted with little to no body roll .. the AWD system is tuned better on the 3 for taking corners and the back tucks itself in while the entire car huggs the road as I can feel the power being thrown around with the AWD to better assist in taking turns quickly.. the car overall is a spirited driver/ driver enthusiasts hot hatch if I say so myself. The 100th anniversary edition from what I understand a only select few wher made .. 100 to be exact of the models that have been a growing staple for Mazda and that's why I think it's rare. It's a pretty special trim level as not many made. I do love the front parking sensors on it tho and it's a huge upgrade from the CX 30 which it isn't made available.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hey I'm trying to figure out what Mazda 3 forum you are on.. there are so many .. I did joint the one called maada3revolution .. not sure which one is best to join... Thx .

·
Registered
195 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts