Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The 2.5 engine shuts down 2 cylinders during cruising...

I love all my previous Mazdas..

But this "FEATURE" will stop me from buying this car. I've bought 5 brand new Mazdas since 2012, and loved this brand for it's excellent engine drivability.

2012 CX5
2013 Mazda 6S
2) 2017 CX3 GT
2019 CX5 GT Reserve

I don't care how they sugar coat it. I'm not buying it. Unless I can disable it without going to the aftermarket ?

Customers should have the option to disable this garbage.
I’m in Australia and have the top spec which comes with C.D . So far I have done 11,000 klms and no issues , the CD works perfectly and no vibration at any speed. I know they had problems in 2018 & 19 but think they must have sorted it out. I was hesitant after everything I read about it but seriously I’ve had no issues. I would prefer it didn’t have it and I asked John Cadogen from auto expert in Australia about weather it would have any effect on life of motor, he assured me it wouldn’t and not to be concerned about it. From what I’ve read the 2021 models in America won’t have CD on any models ? We will still have on the 2.5 litre engines in Australia.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
62 Posts
I kind of forgot my Premium CX-30 had the cylinder deactivation until I stumbled onto the graphic display showing which cylinders are operating. Seriously, the only way I can tell is if I'm watching that graphic and focusing on anything I can feel. The only thing I can feel is a very slight blip like the transmission made another shift. And I have really got to be concentrating to know it happened. I don't know if it's accurate or not but sometimes on a long downhill the graphic will show all four cylinders are deactivated. About three months after buying my CX-30 I went on a 4,000 road-trip across Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming from Oklahoma - I did a lot of looking at things like that cylinder deactivation graphic. Most of that trip was on fairly flat terrain but I also had some pretty severe elevation changes thru Yellowstone, the Big Horn Mountains and western South Dakota. My fuel mileage for the entire trip was ABOVE the EPA estimate - most of my tanks were around 35 mpg with 2-3 where I hit 40 mpg. I was super impressed because I made no attempt to drive in a conservative way. There was also quite a bit of 80 mph interstate highways involved. I have no idea how much the cylinder deactivation contributed to those numbers but I'm not complaining.
I looked through the Settings in order to view cylinder deactivation visually, but no luck. Please advise how to find the graphic display in Settings, thanks.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
26 Posts
I looked through the Settings in order to view cylinder deactivation visually, but no luck. Please advise how to find the graphic display in Settings, thanks.
Home screen > Information > Fuel Efficiency Monitor

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
42 Posts
The 2.5 engine shuts down 2 cylinders during cruising...

I love all my previous Mazdas..

But this "FEATURE" will stop me from buying this car. I've bought 5 brand new Mazdas since 2012, and loved this brand for it's excellent engine drivability.

2012 CX5
2013 Mazda 6S
2) 2017 CX3 GT
2019 CX5 GT Reserve

I don't care how they sugar coat it. I'm not buying it. Unless I can disable it without going to the aftermarket ?

Customers should have the option to disable this garbage.
It’s not garbage...I’ve had 2 Mazdas with CD (prev Mazda 6 and now Mazda 3) and both have been fine without any vibration issues and the switch in between are imperceptible/unnoticeable and I’m not worried in the long term as Mazda has that covered within the 5year power train warranty. If it becomes a headache down the road then I’ll simply replace the vehicle!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts