Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Right around the rear-view mirrors, where they are mounted to the door panel.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m sure I’m not alone..Look closely at your vehicle !

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
157 Posts
I did and hopefully dor the dealer, I found nothing so far but I will still alert because I hate rust and even more when it is on a brand new car.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
24 Posts
Is it okay to use these pictures in a German forum? The more who see this, the better. I have to check mine too.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
270 Posts
I’m sure I’m not alone.. ook closely at your vehicle !
You sure can, please share !
Indeed, very disappointed !
@M3gt - Welcome to CX30Talk. As a new member, you need to be aware of our rules and guidelines. It's all explained here.

I can understand your frustration and disappointment here - particularly on a nearly new car. I hope you get this sorted out. Please keep us all updated with progress on this.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@M3gt - Welcome to CX30Talk. As a new member, you need to be aware of our rules and guidelines. It's all explained here.

I can understand your frustration and disappointment here - particularly on a nearly new car. I hope you get this sorted out. Please keep us all updated with progress on this.
I’ll keep you posted, Thanks !

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE-So today, I visited my dealership to present my situation and express my disappointment to the service advisor who was quite surprised to see rust appear so early. A case was opened with Mazda Canada. I was told not to worry, the repairs would be covered under warranty. The dealership will get back to me by the end of this week with a set time to bring my vehicle in for repairs. My question is: Even though I originally purchased an extended warranty for 5 years with Mazda Canada, should I insist on getting additional and specific protection against rust formation ? I mean, keep in mind that the vehicle is also Krown rustproofed and rust is still appearing after only 7 months !? I think anyone in my situation would have a right to be concerned at what the vehicle appearance will be in the years to come !? What do you think ? Thanks !

·
Registered
213 Posts
UPDATE-So today, I visited my dealership to present my situation and express my disappointment to the service advisor who was quite surprised to see rust appear so early. A case was opened with Mazda Canada. I was told not to worry, the repairs would be covered under warranty. The dealership will get back to me by the end of this week with a set time to bring my vehicle in for repairs. My question is: Even though I originally purchased an extended warranty for 5 years with Mazda Canada, should I insist on getting additional and specific protection against rust formation ? I mean, keep in mind that the vehicle is also Krown rustproofed and rust is still appearing after only 7 months !? I think anyone in my situation would have a right to be concerned at what the vehicle appearance will be in the years to come !? What do you think ? Thanks !
It will be interesting to what the actual fault is. One of your pics looked like there may be a coated piece of metal at the base of the mirror, that the coating was coming off of. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts