Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
223 Posts
Woohoo!! I'm so excited 😁 I just can't hide it🙈 I just I just know I like it🕺🕺🕺. I can't wait to see your installed pictures as well😍

·
Registered
223 Posts
It must have worked...my wife called, the grills were in todays mail.:p
Woohoo!! I'm so excited 😁 I just can't hide it🙈 I just I just know I like it🕺🕺🕺. I can't wait to see your installed pictures as well😍

·
Registered
223 Posts
The high wall mats I ordered finally came in. I’ve had WeatherTech mats in previous cars but got the Mazda high wall mats for my CX-30. The pictures below show them in the car. The driver side photo is a little misleading in that you almost can’t see that the side walls really do go up as high as the passenger side mat, but they do.
View attachment 102 View attachment 103
I went to go purchases but they're all sold out on the website you gave. And I don't know if I want to get them off of Amazon 😟

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
476 Posts
I went to go purchases but they're all sold out on the website you gave. And I don't know if I want to get them off of Amazon 😟
check with your local dealer, mine were cheaper than what they were sold for on Amazon, at least here in Canada.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have you been able to install yours yet I'm eager to know how it went 😁

·
Registered
476 Posts
How much you pay for yours in Canada?
$165 for a set of four of high-sided version. Also by getting them at the dealer I was able to look at them before purchase and feel the thickness of the rubber as I was also considering the WeatherTech versions (which were only slightly less but that was just for a set of two front ones) and this time I felt the OEM were superior to aftermarket ones. It was convenient for me and got them right away.
I also got the OEM cargo tray at the same time which they did not have in stock, but had it couried overnight and was already in my vehicle a few days later when I picked it up.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
49 Posts
The thing I prefer about the WeatherTech mats is they cover the lower portion of the dead pedal as well, and in the winter I think you're going to get a lot of melting snow, salt, slush, etc. running down from the sole of your footwear and under the Mazda mats.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The thing I prefer about the WeatherTech mats is they cover the lower portion of the dead pedal as well, and in the winter I think you're going to get a lot of melting snow, salt, slush, etc. running down from the sole of your footwear and under the Mazda mats.
Good point, and I noticed that when I was looking at the WT, but then really you have the same problem for the gas pedal too which is not protected in that way for either versions. However, that is why I wanted to see and feel the OEM mats and the quality and thickness of the rubber won me over for the OEM. I have had WT mats in the past.
My last vehicle had the same type of floor mounted gas pedal so had to do a work around for that in winter with all the salt and slush (also find the side wall by your gas foot can get salt stains on it). No matter which mat you have to be diligent in these areas in winter.
The WT ones should cover the dead pedal fully but they don't appear to so you could still get stuff behind depending on the size of your foot and how you place it there.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Good point, and I noticed that when I was looking at the WT, but then really you have the same problem for the gas pedal too which is not protected in that way for either versions. However, that is why I wanted to see and feel the OEM mats and the quality and thickness of the rubber won me over for the OEM. I have had WT mats in the past.
My last vehicle had the same type of floor mounted gas pedal so had to do a work around for that in winter with all the salt and slush (also find the side wall by your gas foot can get salt stains on it). No matter which mat you have to be diligent in these areas in winter.
The WT ones should cover the dead pedal fully but they don't appear to so you could still get stuff behind depending on the size of your foot and how you place it there.
No doubt & for the $50 USD higher price difference for weather Tech I think the OEM will do quite nice. I had weather tech in my previous Mazda CX-3 so we shall see. I just purchased a set of the 4 OEM High Wall Mats for $127

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 AWD GSL Polymetal Grey
9 Posts
The high wall mats I ordered finally came in. I’ve had WeatherTech mats in previous cars but got the Mazda high wall mats for my CX-30. The pictures below show them in the car. The driver side photo is a little misleading in that you almost can’t see that the side walls really do go up as high as the passenger side mat, but they do.
View attachment 102 View attachment 103
Hi Zico21,

Thanks for sharing the pictures the fit and looks perfectly. How much did they cost?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
60 Posts
They were included in my lease so I don’t really know. I had to wait a few weeks for them to arrive at the dealership as my CX-30 was the first they delivered last December. At that time, WeatherTech didn’t have them available yet.
I’ve used WeatherTech in previous cars and really like them, but I’m very pleased with the OEM high wall set. I believe they retail for these is less than a Weathertech set.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Zico21,

Thanks for sharing the pictures the fit and looks perfectly. How much did they cost?
I was able to buy a set of four for about $128 US Dollars. That was over $50 cheaper than weather Tech. Mine should arrive Wednesday.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
Think I got ripped off as my covers are not the same as 20CX30JBM's. Mine are quite a bit shorter and leave a big space between where the cover ends and the license. I just ordered a wide European license plater cover to hide the holes on each side. Here are before and after and a close up of the hole.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
184 Posts
Think I got ripped off as my covers are not the same as 20CX30JBM's. Mine are quite a bit shorter and leave a big space between where the cover ends and the license. I just ordered a wide European license plater cover to hide the holes on each side. Here are before and after and a close up of the hole.
That is unfortunate. I had concern they would be short as referenced in the attached reply I posted after ordering mine. When I received mine, I was pleased to see they were the correct size.
Obviously there are two sizes of grills available. How to determine which one will be received?

I posted the following in the Exposed Rad discussion.

"If the size and spacing of the "teeth" on the Amazon lower insert is close to the OE grill, I'm thinking the grills will be too small as suggested. I counted the rows of teeth on the Amazon grill and measured a matching number on my grill."

301 - 320 of 332 Posts