Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking for some carpet protection for the rear hatch area. Typically I get a rubber mat, but I'm kinda liking this accessory -
DGJ2-V0-360

It covers the 2nd row seatbacks and apparently can be rolled out over the bumper - protecting more than what a rubber mat would protect.

Has anyone installed one of these and if so, what do you think about it ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you have a picture of the whole back side of your car? Looking to chrome delete everything on my car, but I want to see what it looks like before

Thinking of "blacking out" the stainless steel bumper guard. Any opinions?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
191 Posts
Most definitely, black it out.

Slightly OT, Did you remove the hatch badging to blacken, are there locating pins?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most definitely, black it out.

Slightly OT, Did you remove the hatch badging to blacken, are there locating pins?
Pins on all the badges, except the AWD one. I did remove and reapply, just be careful not to damage the pins. Or you can order new ones black those out.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech (UK, RHD), Skyactiv-X
46 Posts
Pins on all the badges, except the AWD one. I did remove and reapply, just be careful not to damage the pins. Or you can order new ones black those out.
What product did you use to black out? Does that include the Mazda badge at the rear?

cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks. She's a beauty! I didn't realize you did it yourself. I would go ahead with blacking out the bumper guard, but making sure the finishing coat has good protection from scuffing. What did you use to spray paint the badges?
I used spray primer and automotive spray paint. Just did multiple light coats 20 min apart. It is the type of project you can do that does not take all of your attention.😋 Was doing my brake calipers in between coats of paint. I'm not a fan of 3m double sided tape for attaching anything on the exterior. If you are looking for a sub... try Amazing GOOP 160012 Automotive Adhesive

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello guys! new to to this forum and I truly appreciate all of the information on this thread.

I was wondering if you guys now of cx-30 hood edge/bonnet protector? I was driving today and I noticed that there's a small dent on the lip. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT
40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello guys! new to to this forum and I truly appreciate all of the information on this thread.

I was wondering if you guys now of cx-30 hood edge/bonnet protector? I was driving today and I noticed that there's a small dent on the lip. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just to follow-up on my inquiry. I got in contact with Mazda USA in regards to me wanting a hood protector, and they sent me the following response.

Mazda USA said:
Dear Grey,

I am circling back as I received an update with regards to the hood deflector. For the 2020 Model year we are not planning to release any additional accessories but it may be released for the 2021 model year depending on customer requests and feedback from other markets. I am sorry we do not currently have this option or you here in the states.

If you have any questions in the future, you can reach me directly using the number and extension below.

Sincerely,
Mac
Representative, Customer Experience
It's a shame because it's available in Australia, but they can't ship to US due to Australian Post restrictions ( < 150 cm).

Anyways, thought I'd share with you guys. It seems like we won't be getting any new accessories 'til 2021.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT
40 Posts
Strangely I was at my dealership in Vancouver, Canada those were $75 each side.
Pardon me guys for disinformation, this info was wrong - today I went and bought those things from dealership, came home and unpacked them to mount myself to my roof, and guess what, these were not roof rails, but just rubber roof mouldings that I already have installed on my car!
The other question is why that guy sold me those if he knew these are not rails and that I have those preinstalled on my car, but that's another story.

81 - 100 of 343 Posts