Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just made a purchase of a 2021 CX-30 GT premium here in Canada and noticed the bright exposed rad under the grill between the bumper and grill. I noticed it prior to PDI and thought I was just not finished being PDI. I compared this to the 2020 which has plastic grills to cover them and when I asked the GM of sales he said no this is the way they come now... This doesnot make sense to me and it looks like crap. Has anyone else got a 2021? Can anyone else comment? I just cant see how this is the finished product.. why would mazda do such a thing to mess up the beautiful front of the car??? Look below and see the 2021 compared to the 2020.. WTF?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
30 Posts
Yes, the 2021 GT drops the cylinder deactivation and the shutters. None of the other trims get them (nor did they ever) nor did any of the US models. My guess is cost savings, but possibly also performance in extreme winter conditions. I could imagine snow and ice building up that could possibly cause problems in certain circumstances (where the engine warmth is insufficient to melt the outer face).

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Your license plate will cover some of it and I doubt you’ll be laying on the ground looking at the rad.
🙊

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
55 Posts

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
Yes, the 2021 GT drops the cylinder deactivation and the shutters. None of the other trims get them (nor did they ever) nor did any of the US models. My guess is cost savings, but possibly also performance in extreme winter conditions. I could imagine snow and ice building up that could possibly cause problems in certain circumstances (where the engine warmth is insufficient to melt the outer face).
If you are referring to the active grill shutters, the US spec Premium has them on the 2020's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These add on pieces are being discussed in the ”Accessories “ topic below.

Im in Canada. Are there any links for that in canada ? Looks great btw.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
30 Posts
No they removed them... see above.. super ugly without them. Open and bright aluminium color.

I found the grill inserts on the Amazon Canada site.
I know they removed them for the Canadian market (I also have a 2021 GT and noted their absence), but I was asking whether the US market premium models retained them for 2021.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you add the grill inserts to yours? Did you notice this change? I posted the inserts and have ordered them. 55 bucks with tax and shipping.. improves the appearance dramatically

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm waiting on someone in the North American market to post photos of them installed as everything I've seen online shows them installed on either side of a European plate mount, which are wider. The covers only appear to go from the plate mount to the outer edges of the opening - so with a North American plate mount (or no plate mount at all), there will be gaps toward the middle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah.. good find.. i will cancel and wait as well. I am thinking of even just painting with black touch up paint the outer edges of the grill and the piping you can see. The place will distract and cover a lot I’m thinking.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
378 Posts
Dee1974 - TIP: fill out your location (Canada is a big country) and drive info in Account settings and then it will show up each time you post, saves you and us a lot of hassle in responding to comments and questions.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
I'm waiting on someone in the North American market to post photos of them installed as everything I've seen online shows them installed on either side of a European plate mount, which are wider. The covers only appear to go from the plate mount to the outer edges of the opening - so with a North American plate mount (or no plate mount at all), there will be gaps toward the middle.
If the size and spacing of the "teeth" on the Amazon lower insert is close to the OE grill, I'm thinking the grills will be too small as suggested. I counted the rows of teeth on the Amazon grill and measured a matching number on my grill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts