Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2021 CX-30 Prferred edition. This model was advertised by the dealer as having the Bose/Sirius XM audio system installed as standard equipment. My bad for taking delivery of the car before checking the audio system. I subsequently learned that the car did not have the Bose / Sirius XM audio system installed. When I contacted the dealer they said that Mazda deleted the Bose / Sirius XM system on the 2021 Preferred model and substituted a moonroof. Despite my protest the dealer offered no solution other than to stream Sirius XM through Apple Car Play.

My question is whether there is any way to retrofit a Sirius XM tuner that will seamlessly integrate with the existing audio system. I really don’t want to have a separate box stuck to the windshield or otherwise.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
191 Posts
Why would you not just use it via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto?
Speaking for myself who has the premium model with SiriusXM native, it just doesn't work as well in Android Auto functions missing, dosent fell built into the system correctly just not the same. Though it does do what it's supposed to do in Android auto and that would be play SiriusXM. I prefer using the SiriusXM built that's built-in could just be personal preference since I actually have a choice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mazda’s shuffling model features from year to year is so frustrating. I was burned in 2015 when automatic headlights were excluded from my Touring 3.

As for their excluding XM, I suspect the renewal rate is dropping fast as people go with phone based option. You may not have liked XM in the latest Mazda system. I found it so frustrating to use that I didn’t use it even when free. Too much work finding a station and dropped signal with every tree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts