Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda has announced the pricing for 2021 CX-30 Turbo.

MSRP FOR THE 2021 CX-30 IS AS FOLLOWS:
i-Activ All-Wheel Drive
CX-30 2.5 Turbo $29,900
CX-30 2.5 Turbo w/ Premium Package $32,300
CX-30 2.5 Turbo w/ Premium Plus Package $33,900

December 1, 2020
  • MSRP1 for the 2021 CX-30 2.5 Turbo will start at $29,900
  • Well-appointed crossover receives more advanced technologies in top Premium Plus package offering
  • The turbocharged engine with standard i-Activ AWD and off-road traction assist will help enhance fans’ abilities to explore their passions
IRVINE, Calif. (December 1, 2020) – The journey ahead in the 2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5 Turbo just expanded with the addition of the Skyactiv-G 2.5 Turbo. Mazda’s newest crossover blends sophisticated designs, ample amenities, nimble driving dynamics, and thoughtful proportions to help the vehicle standout in its segment. The new 2021 CX-30 2.5 Turbo’s performance and capabilities encourage a willingness to embrace adventures and enjoying the higher qualities in life.

The turbocharged engine in the CX-30 will deliver 250 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque with premium (93 octane) fuel, or 227 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque with regular (87 octane) fuel. Mazda’s i-Activ all-wheel drive with off-road traction assist and Skyactiv-Drive quick-shifting, six-speed automatic transmission with sport mode are standard on all turbo models. This upscale powertrain helps deliver a direct and connected driving experience focused on everyday drivability with accessible and broad low-end torque. This enhanced performance helps make each drive more enjoyable, from city commutes to scenic outdoor explorations.

To complement its enhanced performance and capabilities, the CX-30 2.5 Turbo is well-appointed with numerous standard features that help give owners a rewarding feeling. The modern design and proportions of the 8.8-inch large center display with the latest Mazda ConnectTM system, and Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM capabilities provides occupants with seamless integration with their smartphone. Mazda Connected Services with three-year trial and in-car Wi-Fi hot spot with six-months, or 2GB, trial can help keep the most tech-minded individuals in touch with the digital world as they explore the physical one. Additional standard features include Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry, eight-speaker sound system, dual USB audio inputs, dual-zone automatic climate control, rear air conditioning vents, electronic parking brake, rearview camera, and rain-sensing windshield wipers.

The CX-30’s interior showcases Mazda Design’s ability to elegantly bring together complex materials for a simple, yet sophisticated atmosphere. New standard chrome accents on the push button start, steering wheel and glove box lid balance the leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and leatherette seats. The seven-inch reconfigurable TFT gauge display is able to show useful information while maintaining a timeless appearance. Heated front seats, power moonroof, and a frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror are also standard on the CX-30 2.5 Turbo. The exterior is elevated in the turbo model as well with 18-inch black aluminum alloy wheels, gloss black front grille, gloss black heated door mirrors with turn signals, “TURBO” badge on the liftgate and engine cover, aluminum roof rails, and automatic on/off LED headlights and LED taillights.

Traversing in the CX-30 2.5 Turbo can lead to a variety of experiences. To help provide peace of mind for different situations, the turbocharged compact crossover comes standard with most of Mazda’s i-Activsense safety features. These include Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Smart Brake Support, Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keep Assist, Driver Attention Alert and High Beam Control.

PREMIUM PACKAGE
When equipped with the Premium package, the CX-30 2.5 Turbo offers more amenities that can help when conquering that next adventure. The interior is heightened with Bose® 12-speaker premium audio, heated steering wheel with paddle shifters and leather seats. Added conveniences include power liftgate, windshield-projected Active Driving Display, Traffic Sign Recognition, Adaptive Front-lighting System, LED Signature Illumination headlights and taillights, SiriusXM® satellite radio with three-month trial, and Mazda Navigation with three-year Traffic and Travel Link trial.

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
The Premium Plus package is all-new for the 2021 CX-30 and exclusive to the Turbo models. This package provides the latest in advanced technology to help deliver a rewarding experience. This includes new i-Activsense safety features Smart City Brake Support Reverse and Rear Cross-Traffic Braking, which can help a driver by automatically applying the brakes when the vehicle is reversing at speeds between 2 to 4 mph and an obstacle is detected, or when a crossing vehicle is sensed as the driver is backing out of a parking space. A new support feature, Traffic Jam Assist, enhances Mazda Radar Cruise Control in certain situations by providing steering inputs that can help assist the driver stay within lane markers at speeds under 40 mph. The 360° View Monitor with high-definition digital clarity and front and rear parking sensors are new for the CX-30. Auto-dimming driver’s side door mirror and added Homelink to the frameless rearview mirror are also included in this package.

MSRP FOR THE 2021 CX-30 IS AS FOLLOWS:
i-Activ All-Wheel Drive
CX-30 2.5 Turbo $29,900
CX-30 2.5 Turbo w/ Premium Package $32,300
CX-30 2.5 Turbo w/ Premium Plus Package $33,900

PREMIUM PAINT COLORS:
Soul Red Crystal $595
Machine Gray Metallic $495
Snowflake White Pearl Mica $395

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
543 Posts
and now for Canada

RICHMOND HILL, ON, Dec. 1, 2020 /CNW/ - The journey ahead in the 2021 Mazda CX-30 just expanded with the addition of the Skyactiv-G 2.5 Turbo in the top GT trim. Mazda's newest crossover blends sophisticated design, ample amenities, nimble driving dynamics, and thoughtful proportions to help the vehicle standout in its segment. The new 2021 CX-30 Turbo's performance and capabilities encourage a willingness to embrace adventures and enjoy the higher qualities in life.

2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo (CNW Group/Mazda Canada Inc.)

The turbocharged engine in the CX-30 will deliver 250 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque with premium (93 octane) fuel, or 227 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque with regular (87 octane) fuel. Mazda's i-Activ all-wheel drive with off-road traction assist and Skyactiv-Drive quick-shifting, six-speed automatic transmission with sport mode are standard on the turbo model. This upscale powertrain helps deliver a direct and connected driving experience focused on everyday drivability with accessible and broad low-end torque. This enhanced performance helps make each drive more enjoyable, from city commutes to scenic outdoor explorations.

To complement its enhanced performance and capabilities, the CX-30 Turbo is well-appointed with a long list of standard features that help give owners a rewarding feeling. The modern design and proportions of the 8.8-inch large center display with the latest Mazda ConnectTM system, and Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM capabilities provides occupants with seamless integration with their smartphone. Additional standard features include Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry, Bose® premium sound system with 12 speakers, dual-zone automatic climate control, power rear liftgate, rearview camera, and rain-sensing windshield wipers.

The CX-30's interior showcases Mazda Design's ability to elegantly bring together complex materials for a simple, yet sophisticated atmosphere. New standard chrome accents on the push button start, steering wheel and glove box lid balance the leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift knob, and leather seats. The seven-inch reconfigurable TFT gauge display is able to show useful information while maintaining a timeless appearance. Heated front seats, 10-way power adjustable driver's seat with memory function, power moonroof, and a frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror are also standard on the CX-30 Turbo. The exterior is elevated in the turbo model as well with 18-inch black aluminum alloy wheels, gloss black front grille, gloss black heated door mirrors with turn signals, "TURBO" badge on the liftgate and engine cover, and automatic on/off LED Signature Illumination headlights and taillights.

Traversing in the CX-30 Turbo can lead to a variety of experiences. To help provide peace of mind for different situations, the turbocharged compact crossover comes standard with Mazda's i-Activsense safety features. These include Mazda Radar Cruise Control with stop and go function, Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Smart Brake Support, Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keep Assist, Driver Attention Alert, High Beam Control, and windshield-projected Active Driving Display. The CX-30 Turbo also includes Mazda's newest i-Activsense safety features Smart Brake Support Rear and Smart Brake Support Rear Crossing, which can help a driver by automatically applying the brakes when the vehicle is reversing at speeds between 3 to 6 km/h (2 to 4 mph) and an obstacle is detected, or when a crossing vehicle is sensed as the driver is backing out of a parking space. Auto-dimming driver's side door mirror and a frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® wireless control system are also included.

The 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo will arrive in dealers across Canada starting in January 2021.

MSRP FOR THE 2021 CX-30 TURBO:
(MSRP does not include $1,950 for freight & PDE, taxes, title or additional fees. Dealers set actual sale prices)

i-Activ All-Wheel Drive
CX-30 GT Turbo$36,250

PREMIUM PAINT COLOURS:
Soul Red Crystal$450
Machine Grey Metallic$300
Polymetal Grey Metallic$200
Snowflake White Pearl$200
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 163 dealerships.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I guess the U.S. prices do not include destination?
Footnote in press release:
"MSRP does not include $1,100 for destination and handling ($1,145 in Alaska), taxes, title or additional fees. Dealers set actual sale prices. "

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. I just called 2 dealers around in New England and they're tentatively saying they're going to get cars January. They are able to see what cars are getting transported.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just saw my first inventory listing of a premium turbo by the Tulsa dealer, $1300 off msrp. I doubt he has one on the lot yet, just a stock photo posted as opposed to one locally produced.
Still nothing on Car Gurus nationwide.
As EricF says above, looks like the Kirkland dealer has some on the ground with local photos posted. So is as usual and logical the costal areas are seeing them first. Should be everywhere within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have been searching autotrader and if you sort by list price, there are car around. There's nothing in the New England yet. Can't wait to see one in person!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus
1 Posts
Picked up a Turbo Premium Plus in Machine Gray for $1k off msrp on Jan 2nd (in socal). Called multiple dealers but most didn't have the turbos in stock, and this was the only premium plus package I could find.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cool. Did the price include the $500 factory rebate?
I hope you share your ownership and driving impressions soon. Did you considerer any other cars?

·
Registered
2021 Turbo AWD Premium
3 Posts
Got a Turbo Premium in Polymetal on 1/9 for 1250 off msrp. That included the $500 factory rebate which according to the dealer invalidated the 0.9% apr offer.

Driving impressions (It has 700mi on it so past the break in period):
-Its a really nice car. Not much road noise, even at 80+ mph. I live in the mountain west and it can drive up the canyon at 70 without even downshifting. This is why I bought the turbo. The ride is a little stiff over bumps, which is to be expected for an SUV.
-I love the heads up display. Its easy to see but not intrusive. The blind spot monitoring is a nice touch, and having turn by turn directions on it when using the car's navigation system is really slick. Your eyes never leave the road.
-In sport mode it rips off the line, lots of fun. Some body roll when cornering but it feels tight in the turns.
-The adaptive cruise control is a great feature and the follow distance being a switch on the steering wheel makes it intuitive from the get go.

Complains:
-The transmission, whether "manual" shifting or automatic, has too long of a delay shifting between gears. When driving in sport mode it pulls really hard to 5k, then it basically falls flat while the momentum of the engine carries it to the 6k redline and the transmission thinks about shifting to 2nd. Then it engages and starts the process over again. It makes you really want a manual transmission.
-The visibility behind and in blind spots isn't great. They've done a good job with blind spot monitoring but I still like to turn my head and see for myself before changing lanes.
-When driving at highway speeds up an incline, there is a subtle jerkiness to the car. I'm guessing its the awd engaging off and on. If you've ever been in a car thats running out of gas and lurching, its a lesser version of that. Certainly not the end of the world and it doesn't happen constantly, but its noticeable when it does.

Good luck to anyone considering this car, I'm pretty happy with it so far!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the review! What are your thoughts about the Polymetal color? Didn't know about the $500 factory rebate! This might be looking okay since I can get loyalty as well!

·
Registered
2021 Turbo AWD Premium
3 Posts
Thanks for the review! What are your thoughts about the Polymetal color? Didn't know about the $500 factory rebate! This might be looking okay since I can get loyalty as well!
I love it. At the dealership I saw a cx-9 in polymetal with the red leather interior and it looked sooooo good. No red leather for us but the color is great, grey with some blue hiding in there. It also comes with black rims instead of silver and I really like the look.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love it. At the dealership I saw a cx-9 in polymetal with the red leather interior and it looked sooooo good. No red leather for us but the color is great, grey with some blue hiding in there. It also comes with black rims instead of silver and I really like the look.
I love all the carbon versions Mazda is coming out with lately. A carbon version of the 30 would seem logical and desirable.
The Tulsa dealer is offering a Turbo CX5 Carbon for 29k before rebates. Owner loyalty and current 500 factory rebate would bring it down to 27750, which strikes me as a screaming bargain. I would trade my N.A. 17 CX5 GT, but cannot get the trade past my wife who would be the primary driver. A little hard to argue as our GT only has 22k miles on it and she could not care less about the extra power.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts