Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New 2022 Turbo PPT owner here. So, loving the vehicle thus far coming from a 2020 accord. One odd quirk I've noticed is that the USB port and 12v port for that matter, are always powered! This includes when the car is off. Why, Mazda? Why would we even think to do this? I use a wireless Andriod Auto dongle and kept wondering why it was pinging on and off in the house..... Guess I found out why. Upon even further inspection, it looks like the entire fuse box is wired this way?!?!?? there goes my plan for hardwiring my Radar detector...

Does anyone know a workaround that is simple? Coming from GTIs and Hondas, I've not seen this

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
813 Posts
Things may have changed, but the USB ports on my 2020 CX-30 (UK market) do definitely turn off when the car goes to sleep. How soon after you lock the car do you still get the 'pinging' in the house?

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
72 Posts
The centre storage cubby has one USB port that I have confirmed to turn off after 15 mins (you can test this out by sitting in your car with the engine off). The 12V port will always be on. I cannot confirm if the secondary USB port near the HVAC controls is always on.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
72 Posts
Try sitting in the car with the engine off and the doors closed and locked. Perhaps the 15min till off rule still applies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts