Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a set of 235/55R18 BF Goodrich Trail Terrain tires installed. (~1" larger tire diameter from the stock 215/55R18).
Ride is fine, no noticeable difference from what I can tell.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

On a flat surface with the wheels turned, there is no contact with the fender liner, but it's close.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
389 Posts
Those are really good looking tires. That last photo has some interesting looking markings on the fender liner. Do you think it rubs on uneven surfaces?

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
22 Posts
Just had a set of 235/55R18 BF Goodrich Trail Terrain tires installed. (~1" larger tire diameter from the stock 215/55R18).
Ride is fine, no noticeable difference from what I can tell.

View attachment 3058

View attachment 3059

View attachment 3060

View attachment 3061

View attachment 3062

View attachment 3063

View attachment 3064

On a flat surface with the wheels turned, there is no contact with the fender liner, but it's close.
View attachment 3065
Look very good on the car!
How's the road noise compared to the stock tires?
Keep us posted on effect on fuel consumption thank you, since the new tires are supposedly heavier and wider than the stock ones. :)

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look very good on the car!
How's the road noise compared to the stock tires?
Keep us posted on effect on fuel consumption thank you, since the new tires are supposedly heavier and wider than the stock ones. :)
No noticeable increase in noise. I had a set of BFG Mud Terrains on a Cherokee years ago, and they were insanely loud. I did see a video about the Trail Terrains which mentioned how both the inner and outer set of lugs are continuous all the way around the tire instead of broken up, in order to reduce noise. I think it works

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
6 Posts
I am going to try the Cooper Discovery Enduramax in the stock 215 55 18 size. They appear to be the toughest tire in that size. I may reach out to Traxda when I travel through the southwest this winter to see if they want to measure my parts for a small lift.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus in Snowflake White Pearl
49 Posts
I am going to try the Cooper Discovery Enduramax in the stock 215 55 18 size. They appear to be the toughest tire in that size. I may reach out to Traxda when I travel through the southwest this winter to see if they want to measure my parts for a small lift.
Good luck with Traxda! By the way, this is me wearing a black Apple jacket talking to Greg, so, yes, we talked about the CX-30:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any update regarding the tires? Any issues with rubbing at all? It looked very close to the wheel well's wall. I'm guessing a 1/4"? 225's are back ordered in my area so I'm debating on just tossing on 235's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts