Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
389 Posts
I have the S model with cloth interior and manual adjustments. The seat is narrower than the Sonata I traded. I've gotten it dialed in pretty well but still benefit from a seat cushion I've used for several years and a few cars now.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
108 Posts
old topic but +1
Yes, i have my Mazda cx30 2 weeks and 600km on it. The seat is terrible. I have a pain upper of my leg after 5 min driving. I have to keep moving my butt or leg to fix it.
+1 to seat is too small..

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
18 Posts
Unfortunately I'm having the same small seat issues. I've driven the car 500 miles in 3 weeks and the small seats are beginning to be a problem. Like others., I'm experiencing pain under my thighs and and on my bum. It's not that the seats pinch or are too hard; they're simply too small. I'm trying to figure out a way to solve the issue because otherwise, it's simply fun to drive.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
18 Posts
Unfortunately I'm having the same small seat issues. I've driven the car 500 miles in 3 weeks and the small seats are beginning to be a problem. Like others., I'm experiencing pain under my thighs and and on my bum. It's not that the seats pinch or are too hard; they're simply too small. I'm trying to figure out a way to solve the issue because otherwise, it's simply fun to drive.
I'm having the same issue after driving 700 miles. It seems that the driver seat is simply too short. I've owned an Altima, Rouge, Volvo S600, Saab 500, Vega, Nova and even a Pinto without this issue! Before I decide to look elsewhere, has anyone found a seat expandor to solve this issue?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L, Luxury Package, Soul Red Crystal
105 Posts
My issue with the driver seat... the bolsters dig into my thighs and buttocks.
If anyone else is having this issue, I solved my problem! :)

I took the car to an upholsterer (who does car and boat seats), and she knew exactly what to do. She added some padding to raise the seat up an inch or so, making it a little more flat.

I know, this is what a seat cushion would do for a third of the price, but I think it looks better. $150 Canadian for the job.

Going to an upholsterer may help those with other seat issues... good luck!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
My issue with the driver seat... the bolsters dig into my thighs and buttocks.
If anyone else is having this issue, I solved my problem! :)

I took the car to an upholsterer (who does car and boat seats), and she knew exactly what to do. She added some padding to raise the seat up an inch or so, making it a little more flat.

I know, this is what a seat cushion would do for a third of the price, but I think it looks better. $150 Canadian for the job.

Going to an upholsterer may help those with other seat issues... good luck!
You just did the driver's seat and that was $150 for the single seat? And how long did it take? Did you have to leave the car or it could be done while you waited?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You just did the driver's seat and that was $150 for the single seat? And how long did it take? Did you have to leave the car or it could be done while you waited?
That was just for the driver seat.
I left the car at the shop, so that they could squeeze in the job during the day.
She had quoted 3 hours labour, but ended up taking only 2.
And, the price includes any adjustment I may need after trying it out for a couple of weeks.

I have had the car back for a couple of days now. I'll know soon enough if an adjustment is still needed, but
so far, it seems good.

It may be worth just calling a couple upholstery shops and see what they say. The place I went to said it is common enough for people to have seats adjusted... they do it all the time.

Leo, let me know if you decide to try this. I'm curious as to how much this costs in Houston.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my AWD Premium for a few days more than 5 weeks and have driven it nearly 1,000 miles.

The driver seat is killing me. Seriously.

I'm kind of shocked because the car is so great otherwise.

Today I made a two hour round trip plus around a nearby town and coming back I was extremely uncomfortable. It's the seat bottom that I notice the most. The seat is too narrow or the bolsters are too firm and dig into my hips. I've tried all sorts of adjustments but can't find a comfortable position. I have to sit sort of up on one side or the other. Plus my lower back hurts too. I've adjusted the lumbar too. Nothing helps. I'm at a loss of what to do. This is the first time I've ever had a car with this kind of problem.

Most of the driving I've done in my CX-30 has been short trips (3-4 miles) and not long enough for this to be a real problem. I have a vacation scheduled for the Fall and am planning on long road trip (~5,000 miles) but I think it won't be in this car. Disappointing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be there's something wrong with my car? I have only sat in one other CX-30 and have only driven the one I bought. The 10-minute test drive before bringing my car home wasn't enough for me to notice this problem area.
I had a 2020 CX-30 on a lease, I now have a 2021 CX-30 Turbo that I own. I swear they made the driver seat narrower...anyone else experience that, or am I imagining it? Does anyone know of an aftermarket cushion that works? Essentially, the bolstering is too aggressive and the seat is too narrow (unless you are a really small person). It is a shame, this is a great car otherwise.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-G 2.0 M Hybrid Vision Plus AT
33 Posts
I had the same problem first 3000 km. Am I used to it or am I crushed the seat flat? I don't know but it is not bothering me anymore.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,080 Posts
I think when people complaint about the seats they should state their height and weight to help put this problem in context, just complaining doesn't help solve the possible problem. It might help some people to better find a solution.

I have no problem with the drivers seat, and I'm 5'-11" and weigh 200 lbs. Due to lockdowns and restrictions the longest single journey I've done is 1.25 hrs without a break. I plan on doing over a 2 hour run at Christmas so I'll see how that goes. However even under normal driving conditions I very rarely ever drove over 2-3 hrs without taking a break regardless of what vehicle I owned at the time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think when people complaint about the seats they should state their height and weight to help put this problem in context, just complaining doesn't help solve the possible problem. It might help some people to better find a solution.

I have no problem with the drivers seat, and I'm 5'-11" and weigh 200 lbs. Due to lockdowns and restrictions the longest single journey I've done is 1.25 hrs without a break. I plan on doing over a 2 hour run at Christmas so I'll see how that goes. However even under normal driving conditions I very rarely ever drove over 2-3 hrs without taking a break regardless of what vehicle I owned at the time.
I agree.
Myself, 5' 10" 185 lbs The seats work great for me. I have done several 10+ hour trips without issue.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I agree the seat is a bit narrow and not as comfortable as some. I'm 5'9" 250. My bigger complaint is the harsh, buckboard ride. Some of that is likely due to the Bridgestone tires being junk for ride quality and some is probably just buckboard suspension.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
224 Posts
I agree the seat is a bit narrow and not as comfortable as some. I'm 5'9" 250. My bigger complaint is the harsh, buckboard ride. Some of that is likely due to the Bridgestone tires being junk for ride quality and some is probably just buckboard suspension.
I'm 5'10 and 210 and the seat ha been fine for me. Will be doing a repeat of the longest trip I did previously tomorow. Heading to my son's place. At least 3.5 hours, usually with at least one short stop. As for the 'buckboard' ride - I hit a speedbump just a little fast the other day and felt like I ran over a phone pole. (Yes I did that once. In a Taurus wagon. LOL.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
5' 11, 210 pounds. The seat was awful.

Had the driver seat 'fixed' by a car seat upholsterer...
... much better now. (and worth the $160 Canadian Dollars)

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-G 2.0 M Hybrid Vision Plus AT
33 Posts
How many have seat heaters and use a seat cushion? I have broken the seat heater while using the sheepskin and the seat heater at the same time,accidently. Car was Peugeot. The structure of the heater may include a thermostat and an overtemperature protection or an overtemperature protection alone. There may also be PTC resistor controlled models. I only had a seat heater with an irreversible overheat protection that broke. Therefore, do not use a seat heater if you have a seat cushion or similar

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I started this thread last year. Right this second I'm riding in the passenger seat of my CX-30 on the way to Dallas, Texas. The seat base of the passenger side of my car feels entirely different than the driver's side. My butt is very comfortable and the bolsters are not digging into my thighs. They look alike but there is definitely something different inside. This side has manual adjustments while the driver's side is power. As some others have said, my driver seat is either "broke in" or I've gotten used to it; it's not as uncomfortable as it originally was. But, the passenger side is definitely more comfortable.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts