Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought my CX-30 Turbo AWD in late February, and drove it the almost 200 miles home from the dealer, watching my mileage for the trip. Mazda claims highway mileage of 31 mpg for the Cx-30 AWD, and 30 mpg for the Turbo AWD. On that initial trip home, I got 31 mpg in my Turbo, at at average speed of 65-70 mph. Nice!:unsure:

Fast-forward to this last weekend, where I drove back up for my first oil change (and to visit family who just moved 7 miles from Mazda Roseville). Mileage on the way up was 32.6 mpg at 60-75 mph (some construction...) and on the way back was 33.2 mpg, at 70-75 mph:oops:. Wow. Talk about over-delivering! While visiting up there , I took a side trip to see my daughter in Lake Tahoe. Driving in the mountains with a Turbo? It makes ALL the difference! You notice relatively little altitude -related power reduction, compared to a normally-aspirated engine. Worth EVERY penny, with apparently no mileage penalty that I can see, just free horsepower on tap! (y)(y)

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
162 Posts
Nice! I bought my CX-30 in June of 2020. The fuel mileage wasn't anything I paid that much attention to [in picking the ca] but I've been very surprised how it does over deliver. I drove my Premium AWD on a 4,000+ mile road trip this past September from Oklahoma to Wyoming. Most of the tanks calculated out to around 34-35 mpg. I had a couple or three that knocked right on the 40 mpg door too! WOW! I never expected that. The car was fairly well loaded and out west most of the interstate speed limits are 80 mph. I believe the worst mpg I've gotten on the thing since new has been somewhere between 25-30 with 30-32 being typical. This is just one more aspect of the CX-30 that impresses me.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 TPP Soul Red Turbo AWD Skyactive G
12 Posts
Fast-forward to this last weekend, where I drove back up for my first oil change (and to visit family who just moved 7 miles from Mazda Roseville). Mileage on the way up was 32.6 mpg at 60-75 mph (some construction...) and on the way back was 33.2 mpg, at 70-75 mph:oops:.
Are you using regular or premium grade gas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.