Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 CX-30 GT DCBlue w/Gyeon Syncro Ceramic Coat + PPF
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently talked with Mazda Canada and figured I’d ask about a hitch for the CX-30.

I was told there IS a hitch coming to our model, but they did not have an ETA at the moment.

While it’s not a perfect answer, it definitely gives us hope that it will be sooner than later!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
89 Posts
I asked about a hitch and they said it would be around 800 installed.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
331 Posts
go to a custom hitch shop and see what they can make up for you.

I was in the RV business decades ago and we used to get them custom made for a vehicle by a local hitch/welding shop, very rarely used one that was pre-made, they just took the basic hitch tube and made all the brackets for that specific vehicle, worked out far cheaper, but I am presuming they still do this sort of thing these days.

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv X Sports lux Black
25 Posts
I had a towbar fitted in March at the dealer and was £650 fitted so 800 dollars sounds about right.

·
Registered
2020 CX 30, GT Polymetal Grey.
28 Posts
800$ would have include install and the wiring harness, but Mazda canada does not endorse towing with the cx 30. an accessory hitch should be about 300 installed

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
89 Posts
800$ would have include install and the wiring harness, but Mazda canada does not endorse towing with the cx 30. an accessory hitch should be about 300 installed
true, that would include install and all parts needed.

·
Registered
2020 CX 30, GT Polymetal Grey.
28 Posts
true, that would include install and all parts needed.
Just notice you are US. Canada dealers are anticipating the accessory hitch but no harness due to no towing in the Canadian model. Which is odd considering it is the same engine as the cx 5

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its pretty weird. A couple of Au sources, Car Gide Au. and Auto trader Au list unbraked towing at 600kg (1323lbs) and braked at 1200kg (2646lbs). I do not know their source. Mazda Au. does not list this spec on their site. They did publish a spec for the Mazda 3 a year ago but no more.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 2020, Soul Red
9 Posts
They probably infer from CX-3 and CX-5 since they share similar (if not identical) engines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Finally, I found the specs listed by the sources above on the Mazda UK site and they only sell a 2 liter version there. Under specs, dimensions and weights. Should be ok to infer our 2.5 is just as capable

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
15 Posts
Its pretty weird. A couple of Au sources, Car Gide Au. and Auto trader Au list unbraked towing at 600kg (1323lbs) and braked at 1200kg (2646lbs). I do not know their source. Mazda Au. does not list this spec on their site. They did publish a spec for the Mazda 3 a year ago but no more.
Found this in my AU mauual

1 - 18 of 18 Posts