Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the famous Start button, I just don't know where to place my keys for the ride. Also, there is so little storage place in the front of my CX-30, I did that easy modification in order to hook my keys in the door. So, as soon as I open the door to exit, I automatically see my keys, ready for pick-up.

There is a plastic cap hiding a screw that I use to install my home made hook.

Here we go!

Attachments

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
I'm a clip my keys on my pants belt loop kind of guy .. so i always have hen easy to get and not useing pocket space.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I do it with my older car but when I take place in my car, I don't like to have stuff interfering with the savety belt

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
35 Posts
With the famous Start button, I just don't know where to place my keys for the ride. Also, there is so little storage place in the front of my CX-30, I did that easy modification in order to hook my keys in the door. So, as soon as I open the door to exit, I automatically see my keys, ready for pick-up.

There is a plastic cap hiding a screw that I use to install my home made hook.

Here we go!
Do the keys rattle when the car is in motion?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
377 Posts
Are pockets not an option??
I was wondering that too :D

I do not have the advance keyless entry on my CX-30, but I did on my previous vehicle, and always carried it in my pocket, usually a shirt pocket. I also never attached any keys to the FOB ring as that can scratch the casing (even more so with the Mazda designed FOB) and also possibly cause interference with the signal. This was suggested in the owners manual of the vehicle I used to own and following it's advice the keys were still like new when I traded in the vehicle 4.5 years later. It was an expensive replacement item and was not going to take chances. I replaced the batteries once during that period.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
47 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX 30 preferred trim
17 Posts
How about the little storage compartment under the seat position buttons. I keep my keys/fob in my pocket but that spot seems like a good place for them otherwise. I realize some won't have the buttons but assume all will have the compartment.
20200818_125511.jpg
20200818_125447.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
18 Posts
I actually hide a TrackR tag in that compartment. Helps me locate my car in large mall parking lots (and may help if the car ever gets stolen)...

·
Registered
CX30 2020 Premium Jet Black Mica
96 Posts
I just keep it in my pocket. If I were to do that door mod and they made noise, that's drive me crazy.

As a side question, does the car let you know you've left your key inside after you close the door?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually hide a TrackR tag in that compartment. Helps me locate my car in large mall parking lots (and may help if the car ever gets stolen)...
Yes, it’s the dedicated place for that but, first, I use it for something else, and also, it is more natural for me to use my hook.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts