Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
87 Posts
Clickbait YouTube video titles bring in the views because owners like to know that their car is better than or just as good as something more expensive. Mazda is not a BMW or an Audi. You get what you pay for.

I took a Mazda over a luxury euro car because it will be cheaper to run and more reliable, but I'm not fooling myself that I got a BMW for the price of a Mazda.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Move past the title and listen to the entire review. It's not claimed to BE a BMW, as the rear suspension on the Mazda is not a full IRS, but in many areas it meets or exceeds the standard of the closest (STRIPPED) BMW price-wise. Once you start adding all the different packages to get all the features that a CX-30 Turbo has stock, it's an $8,000 - $10,000 price increase for a slower BMW with less attractive styling.

As one reviewer put in his video, the main problem with the CX-30 is the Mazda BADGE, not the vehicle itself...

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
106 Posts
I don't believe a BWW or an Audi use torsion beams in their suspensions. I'm with Navii here. The price and the quality was my main motivator. It's not a rival to the luxury market. Which is fine with me.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
554 Posts
As one reviewer put in his video, the main problem with the CX-30 is the Mazda BADGE, not the vehicle itself...
More than one motoring pundit has said this. The Mazda image is what Mazda needs to work on - not the cars themselves.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
15 Posts
Clickbait YouTube video titles bring in the views because owners like to know that their car is better than or just as good as something more expensive. Mazda is not a BMW or an Audi. You get what you pay for.

I took a Mazda over a luxury euro car because it will be cheaper to run and more reliable, but I'm not fooling myself that I got a BMW for the price of a Mazda.
You generally get what you pay for, but I think there is a point of diminishing returns. The CX-30 generally accomplishes what you want out of a more premium vehicle (refinement, comfort, NVH isolation) by being clever about engineering and where to cost cut. I know that something's got to give to reach a price point, so for me personally the areas they had to cost cut doesn't take away from all the stuff the CX-30 accomplishes as 'luxury' vehicle at said price point. I'd be willing to bet if you took brand prestige out of the equation, I doubt most people would spend the extra $5,000-$10,000 for a similarly equipped German option just to get marginally better refinement and the extra features.

Every person that has ridden in my CX-30 thinks it's some kind of fancy luxury car. Heck, one time as I was leaving a friend's house and left my keys on the table. When I went back he said "You left the keys to your Mercedes on the table" and I never mentioned what type of car it was, nor do I pretend like I own a fancy car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts