Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 CX30 AWD Premium Skyactive G w/ Cyl Deactivation
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else experienced their AC temp fluctuating when set to the coldest setting. My ac gets colder when I am at a standstill and warms up when I am driving. Gets as cold at 40F when set to the low setting which should not go less than 63-64F and then while driving warms up to 69F

Dealership said it was a software issue and Mazda is working on a fix… that was last June. I was hoping the recent ccu and bcm updates would address it but does not seem to be the case. The updates did make my transmission super smooth, and less rocky with gear shifts.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts
Wondering if anyone else experienced their AC temp fluctuating when set to the coldest setting. My ac gets colder when I am at a standstill and warms up when I am driving. Gets as cold at 40F when set to the low setting which should not go less than 63-64F and then while driving warms up to 69F

Dealership said it was a software issue and Mazda is working on a fix… that was last June. I was hoping the recent ccu and bcm updates would address it but does not seem to be the case. The updates did make my transmission super smooth, and less rocky with gear shifts.
I will be interested in knowing why as well and what the fix is.

·
Registered
2020 preferred trim in silver
4 Posts
Yes I had the same issue. I think what happens is the AC compressor shuts off when accelerating to conserve power. The only time I would notice is when the outside temp is above 90, especially when the AC has not cooled the cabin temp yet, making it take longer to cook. I had my CX 30 in for service in the fall and mentioned the issue, they did not have an answer at the time, but as temps cooled off I did not notice. Now the summer heat is back, it was more noticeable. I took my CX 30 in for service on Monday, mentioned the issue again. Service advisor mentioned a TSB about the issue and it does not do it any more, so it appears there is a fix for the issue. There was another thread about this called "weak ac" that mentions the issue and fix. I hope yours gets resolved as it was pretty annoying and my main complaint about the car.

·
Registered
20 CX30 AWD Premium Skyactive G w/ Cyl Deactivation
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I had the same issue. I think what happens is the AC compressor shuts off when accelerating to conserve power. The only time I would notice is when the outside temp is above 90, especially when the AC has not cooled the cabin temp yet, making it take longer to cook. I had my CX 30 in for service in the fall and mentioned the issue, they did not have an answer at the time, but as temps cooled off I did not notice. Now the summer heat is back, it was more noticeable. I took my CX 30 in for service on Monday, mentioned the issue again. Service advisor mentioned a TSB about the issue and it does not do it any more, so it appears there is a fix for the issue. There was another thread about this called "weak ac" that mentions the issue and fix. I hope yours gets resolved as it was pretty annoying and my main complaint about the car.
Thank you for sharing, that’s great to know they resolved yours. Makes me look forward to my next service soon. And, I must have missed the “weak ac” thread when I scrolled through the topics under the issues and complaints discussion, but I will check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts