Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious to know the age and demographics of CX30 owners and what was your previous vehicle. I’m 53 and drove many generations of VW GTI’s, GLI’s and most recently a 2019 Civic Si Coupe. I decided to grow up as I see the CX30 a more mature car. I also became burned out from driving manual transmissions exclusively for 16 years.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
Well there are mitigating circumstances on what I drive. Here in Thailand if a car is not assembled in Thailand there is a 328% import tax on it and no used cars are allowed to be imported. So I have a limited choice to what I drive and can afford. I am 73 and my prior car was a 2014 Mazda 3. I picked Mazda as they are one of the fastest mainstream cars here in Thailand. I know, hard to believe. Most of the Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans are running 1.6 and 1.8 non turbo engines with CVT transmissions. Real slugs.

If I had the money I would be driving a 2020 Camaro SS with a 6 speed. Unfortunately it would cost me about $180,000US. To put that into perspective that is twice what my house cost.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
471 Posts
Age 76, my previous vehicle was a 2016 Soul SX, and also had two other Kia's prior to that. I got my drivers license in 1961 😁

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
The cx30 is my 36th..may be 37th car, i was 52 when we took delivery in January.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m curious to know the age and demographics of CX30 owners and what was your previous vehicle. I’m 53 and drove many generations of VW GTI’s, GLI’s and most recently a 2019 Civic Si Coupe. I decided to grow up as I see the CX30 a more mature car. I also became burned out from driving manual transmissions exclusively for 16 years.
66 year old male Still working full time chief public defender in Northwest Indiana 2021 cx30 premium

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
57 Posts
Well there are mitigating circumstances on what I drive. Here in Thailand if a car is not assembled in Thailand there is a 328% import tax on it and no used cars are allowed to be imported. So I have a limited choice to what I drive and can afford. I am 73 and my prior car was a 2014 Mazda 3. I picked Mazda as they are one of the fastest mainstream cars here in Thailand. I know, hard to believe. Most of the Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans are running 1.6 and 1.8 non turbo engines with CVT transmissions. Real slugs.

If I had the money I would be driving a 2020 Camaro SS with a 6 speed. Unfortunately it would cost me about $180,000US. To put that into perspective that is twice what my house cost. View attachment 1101
Expat or native Thai? Great pic, btw.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
109 Posts
Age 76, my previous vehicle was a 2016 Soul SX, and also had two other Kia's prior to that. I got my drivers license in 1961 😁
Well guess I'm no the oldest member. lol I too got my license in 1961. Living in rural Florida you could get a license at 14. Took Drivers Ed in school when I was 13. Bet not many people on the forum had Driver's Education in school. lol

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
72 Posts
58. I wish I still had all the cars I have ever owned, and they were still in working condition. Some of them would be worth a lot of money.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 AWD GSL Polymetal Grey
9 Posts
31yrs, took delivery of CX30 October 2021. My car before that was a 2013 VW CC sport.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts