Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have started noticing some moisture in the right rear tail light assembly as in the picture.. its getting worse and so I emailed the service manager at my dealership this picture and he called me to make a appointment... today i noticed a slight bit of condensation now on the left side... I am perplexed and the right side is a issue compared to the left..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
422 Posts
So I have started noticing some moisture in the right rear tail light assembly as in the picture.. its getting worse and so I emailed the service manager at my dealership this picture and he called me to make a appointment... today i noticed a slight bit of condensation now on the left side... I am perplexed and the right side is a issue compared to the left.. View attachment 1494
😧 Gasp! That is quite the nuisance and perplexing. I had the same issue on my previous Mazda cx-3 the dealer tried telling me it was normal.. though I totally disagree. I didn't fight it too much though cuz I did disassemble the area so I thought maybe it was my fault messing around. I also replaced the halogen bulbs with LED's 😅 Keep us updated please and thank! I wish you the best of luck ♥♥

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
😧 Gasp! That is quite the nuisance and perplexing. I had the same issue on my previous Mazda cx-3 the dealer tried telling me it was normal.. though I totally disagree. I didn't fight it too much though cuz I did disassemble the area so I thought maybe it was my fault messing around. I also replaced the halogen bulbs with LED's 😅 Keep us updated please and thank! I wish you the best of luck ♥♥
Thx again 😊 yah it's interesting.. the trail light is a single unit and should be sealed and so will see what my service manager guy says .. my dealership is really good to me so will keep y'all posted.haha all I can say is I hope on my 2022 CX 30 turbo that I don't have any warranty work at all 🤞

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
422 Posts
Thx again 😊 yah it's interesting.. the trail light is a single unit and should be sealed and so will see what my service manager guy says .. my dealership is really good to me so will keep y'all posted.haha all I can say is I hope on my 2022 CX 30 turbo that I don't have any warranty work at all 🤞
🛐🛐🛐

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
72 Posts
I had a similar problem with both front headlights, first condensation, then large water droplets. I was about to take to the dealer to discuss, but two days later the condensation had totally disappeared. Strange as the weather had not changed and I had not driven the vehicle. A real mystery as it has not happened again.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine does that sometimes after a car wash. Usually evaporates away after a day or so. My old RX-8 used to do it as well.
Been a week since the last wash ... And it went from little but if condensation to now a small puddle forming in the bottom if you zoom into the picture you can see it.. still there today and I parked it in direct sunlight and it's been having moisture issues for almost 2 months now so I'm not sure .. I emailed the service manager the same pic and he said yah no that shouldn't happen band we have wash a few CX 30s a week and never see that ..and so he made me a appointment.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch! That's not right. I hope this is an exception rather than a rule. Hopefully they can replace or remediate quickly for you.
Yah had it for a year and it's never happened and like somebody else said after a car wash but I never not hand wash it and I wash it every week and it's never happened before till now 🤷 shouldn't be a issue for th dealership tho.. simple warranty claim and on approval order the part.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
109 Posts
Yah had it for a year and it's never happened and like somebody else said after a car wash but I never not hand wash it and I wash it every week and it's never happened before till now 🤷 shouldn't be a issue for th dealership tho.. simple warranty claim and on approval order the part.
Yeah, that doesn't build confidence though. I hope that this is a fluke and not like the early Model S taillights condensation issues the their forums are full off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's not your problem! I just bought a brand new 2022 CX-30 select. I went to pick up the car on the second day it arrived at the dealership. Even the window sticker was still brand new in the glove box when I got the car. Now I have less than 500 miles on it. After washing the car at a touchless car wash today, I noticed fog appearing on the inside of the left tail light, while the right side is perfectly fine. So this is definitely an issue out of the factory. That leak on the light is going to cause oxidation on the inside of the lamp and make it go yellow, plus the effect of the moisture might eventually compromise the electronics. Mazda should do a recall on these lights because the owner can possibly get a ticket for broken tail lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's not your problem! I just bought a brand new 2022 CX-30 select. I went to pick up the car on the second day it arrived at the dealership. Even the window sticker was still brand new in the glove box when I got the car. Now I have less than 500 miles on it. After washing the car at a touchless car wash today, I noticed fog appearing on the inside of the left tail light, while the right side is perfectly fine. So this is definitely an issue out of the factory. That leak on the light is going to cause oxidation on the inside of the lamp and make it go yellow, plus the effect of the moisture might eventually compromise the electronics. Mazda should do a recall on these lights because the owner can possibly get a ticket for broken tail lights.
I literally got the car when the odometer was showing just 1 mile. So nobody has worked on the car since it's out of the factory. Based on my experience and the replies, it definitely is a common defect affecting both new and previous models of Mazda.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts