Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have started noticing some moisture in the right rear tail light assembly as in the picture.. its getting worse and so I emailed the service manager at my dealership this picture and he called me to make a appointment... today i noticed a slight bit of condensation now on the left side... I am perplexed and the right side is a issue compared to the left..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
272 Posts
So I have started noticing some moisture in the right rear tail light assembly as in the picture.. its getting worse and so I emailed the service manager at my dealership this picture and he called me to make a appointment... today i noticed a slight bit of condensation now on the left side... I am perplexed and the right side is a issue compared to the left.. View attachment 1494
😧 Gasp! That is quite the nuisance and perplexing. I had the same issue on my previous Mazda cx-3 the dealer tried telling me it was normal.. though I totally disagree. I didn't fight it too much though cuz I did disassemble the area so I thought maybe it was my fault messing around. I also replaced the halogen bulbs with LED's 😅 Keep us updated please and thank! I wish you the best of luck ♥♥

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
😧 Gasp! That is quite the nuisance and perplexing. I had the same issue on my previous Mazda cx-3 the dealer tried telling me it was normal.. though I totally disagree. I didn't fight it too much though cuz I did disassemble the area so I thought maybe it was my fault messing around. I also replaced the halogen bulbs with LED's 😅 Keep us updated please and thank! I wish you the best of luck ♥♥
Thx again 😊 yah it's interesting.. the trail light is a single unit and should be sealed and so will see what my service manager guy says .. my dealership is really good to me so will keep y'all posted.haha all I can say is I hope on my 2022 CX 30 turbo that I don't have any warranty work at all 🤞

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
272 Posts
Thx again 😊 yah it's interesting.. the trail light is a single unit and should be sealed and so will see what my service manager guy says .. my dealership is really good to me so will keep y'all posted.haha all I can say is I hope on my 2022 CX 30 turbo that I don't have any warranty work at all 🤞
🛐🛐🛐

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Ouch! That's not right. I hope this is an exception rather than a rule. Hopefully they can replace or remediate quickly for you.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
103 Posts
Mine does that sometimes after a car wash. Usually evaporates away after a day or so. My old RX-8 used to do it as well.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
I had a similar problem with both front headlights, first condensation, then large water droplets. I was about to take to the dealer to discuss, but two days later the condensation had totally disappeared. Strange as the weather had not changed and I had not driven the vehicle. A real mystery as it has not happened again.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine does that sometimes after a car wash. Usually evaporates away after a day or so. My old RX-8 used to do it as well.
Been a week since the last wash ... And it went from little but if condensation to now a small puddle forming in the bottom if you zoom into the picture you can see it.. still there today and I parked it in direct sunlight and it's been having moisture issues for almost 2 months now so I'm not sure .. I emailed the service manager the same pic and he said yah no that shouldn't happen band we have wash a few CX 30s a week and never see that ..and so he made me a appointment.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch! That's not right. I hope this is an exception rather than a rule. Hopefully they can replace or remediate quickly for you.
Yah had it for a year and it's never happened and like somebody else said after a car wash but I never not hand wash it and I wash it every week and it's never happened before till now 🤷 shouldn't be a issue for th dealership tho.. simple warranty claim and on approval order the part.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Yah had it for a year and it's never happened and like somebody else said after a car wash but I never not hand wash it and I wash it every week and it's never happened before till now 🤷 shouldn't be a issue for th dealership tho.. simple warranty claim and on approval order the part.
Yeah, that doesn't build confidence though. I hope that this is a fluke and not like the early Model S taillights condensation issues the their forums are full off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts