Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Good idea or bad idea to get this tire size while maintaining the stock rims?

• Good

• Bad

• Mixed

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
9 Posts
Delivery is scheduled for Wednesday and I will have them installed Thursday or Friday!
Looking forward to pictures when it's done!

Are you holding on to the OEM wheels? If so, would you be able to weigh them? Trying to get an idea of weight savings if I get aftermarket wheels, too. 😅

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo PP AWD/Snowflake White Pearl Mica/White Leather
61 Posts
Looking forward to pictures when it's done!

Are you holding on to the OEM wheels? If so, would you be able to weigh them? Trying to get an idea of weight savings if I get aftermarket wheels, too. 😅
Yes I will be keeping the OEM for my winter setup, eventually getting dedicated snow tires. I will weigh them for you.
I have to wait until Tuesday for the install. All by other Mazda accessories are in and will have everything done at once.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5T Premium
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just got my new Pilot Sport A/S 4's installed (235/50R18) on the OEM 18x7" rims. Will report back in once the tires have had the protective coating worn off. Performance already feels pretty good, though I haven't driven them enough to compare in detail against the stock Turanza's.

Seems the installers may have chipped a bit of paint off one of the rims, eh, bound to happen eventually.

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo PP AWD/Snowflake White Pearl Mica/White Leather
61 Posts
My summer setup is on! Drag DR73 19x8 ET40 with Vredestein Quatrac Pro in 235/45. And no, I will not be lowering her! My 3 was lowered and I am over that, LOL. Had the front windows tinted in 15% and the windshield (top strip only) in 5%. All my Mazda accessories I purchased with the car are now installed:
~All-Weather Floor Mats, low wall (for spring/summer)
~All-Weather Floor Mats, high wall (for fall/winter-currently in the garage)
~Rear Bumper Guard
~Cargo Cover
~Cargo Net
~Cargo Tray
~Roof Rack Cross Bars
~Illuminated Doorsill Trim Plates
~Replaced the Frameless Mirror with the Frameless Auto Dimming one
~Sport Pedal Set
~Wireless Charging Pad
~Interior Lighting Kit

I will be getting a dashcam (front and rear) but not in the near future.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts