Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Good idea or bad idea to get this tire size while maintaining the stock rims?

• Good

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mixed

Votes: 1 10.0%
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
1 Posts
My summer setup is on! Drag DR73 19x8 ET40 with Vredestein Quatrac Pro in 235/45. And no, I will not be lowering her! My 3 was lowered and I am over that, LOL. Had the front windows tinted in 15% and the windshield (top strip only) in 5%. All my Mazda accessories I purchased with the car are now installed:
~All-Weather Floor Mats, low wall (for spring/summer)
~All-Weather Floor Mats, high wall (for fall/winter-currently in the garage)
~Rear Bumper Guard
~Cargo Cover
~Cargo Net
~Cargo Tray
~Roof Rack Cross Bars
~Illuminated Doorsill Trim Plates
~Replaced the Frameless Mirror with the Frameless Auto Dimming one
~Sport Pedal Set
~Wireless Charging Pad
~Interior Lighting Kit

I will be getting a dashcam (front and rear) but not in the near future.
Curious how you like the Vredestein's? I just ordered them and being installed by All American before the 4th. Same dealership you bought from. This is my 4th Mazda from them. Just came from a 2019 AWD Hatch Premium. Live right around the corner in Brick on the Brick/Point Border. Our cars are almost twins except for your awesome mods. All the best.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch polymetal gray over red/blk
264 Posts
I recently ruined one the Toyos on my 3 hatch and not being so fond of them decided to replace the lot at 9500 miles. I went with the same model Vredesteins Leela is fitting only in a size 225/45/18 to replace the stock 215/45/18s. Man, these things are quiet, making my 3 the quietest highway car I have ever owned. Ride is also marginally improved. This combined with my 3's killer Bose makes this car feel very luxurious if the road is not to bumpy. Handling seems unaffected.

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
174 Posts
I recently ruined one the Toyos on my 3 hatch and not being so fond of them decided to replace the lot at 9500 miles. I went with the same model Vredesteins Leela is fitting only in a size 225/45/18 to replace the stock 215/45/18s. Man, these things are quiet, making my 3 the quietest highway car I have ever owned. Ride is also marginally improved. This combined with my 3's killer boze makes this car feel very luxurious if the road is not to bumpy. Handling seems unaffected.
So awesome to hear this. I love this brand so much now that I am contemplating getting dedicated snows for the winter.

·
24 Posts
Just got my new Pilot Sport A/S 4's installed (235/50R18) on the OEM 18x7" rims. Will report back in once the tires have had the protective coating worn off. Performance already feels pretty good, though I haven't driven them enough to compare in detail against the stock Turanza's.
View attachment 1675
Seems the installers may have chipped a bit of paint off one of the rims, eh, bound to happen eventually.

View attachment 1676
So far how is this tire? ;)
Did the front tires scrub against the inner wheel well when turning? :)

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 2.5T Premium
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
TE="Dobymkz, post: 16230, member: 1943"]
So far how is this tire? ;)
Did the front tires scrub against the inner wheel well when turning? :)
[/QUOTE]

I've said already a few times before, but now I've got like 7500 miles on them, and I will reiterate - these things absolutely enhance the character of the vehicle and give it moments where it genuinely surprises myself and other speedy cars around me.

The grip is really just on another level. I've managed to get a slight bit of oversteer but really never have any issues with understeer anymore. To be honest I'm not the riskiest person on corners unless I'm on a track, but the improvement has been massive with no issues in terms of part wear. They seem to be incredibly durable with good tread life, so all positive from here.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
86 Posts
With 235s on stock wheels you are looking at only 10mm towards the wheel well so not really enough to cause rubbing. 235mm on 7” is pushing it, though and I would not want to put expensive tires on them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
With 235s on stock wheels you are looking at only 10mm towards the wheel well so not really enough to cause rubbing. 235mm on 7” is pushing it, though and I would not want to put expensive tires on them.
I’m going with snow tires in the 235/50 on the OEM wheels. Seems like no issues with the people running them on the 7” wide wheel. I have 19x8 ET40 wheels with 235/45 for spring/summer. These will be coming off mid to late October.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT Polymetal Gray
86 Posts
You might want to stick with stock size for your snows for better traction in snow, where narrower is better. I would even downsize for most of my cars. Mine came with Michelin X-ice in stock size and I was honestly concerned that they would be too wide, but they are just fine. Great tires with excellent grip on dry and wet roads.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might want to stick with stock size for your snows for better traction in snow, where narrower is better. I would even downsize for most of my cars. Mine came with Michelin X-ice in stock size and I was honestly concerned that they would be too wide, but they are just fine. Great tires with excellent grip on dry and wet roads.
I feel the cx30 needs a bit wider. They should have come wider in wheel and tire especially the Turbo which I have.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
213 Posts
I feel the cx30 needs a bit wider. They should have come wider in wheel and tire especially the Turbo which I have.
Sure, for summer. In winter a wider tire rides on the snow like a snowshoe, rather than biting down into it. A stock 215 size on the OEM rims is perfectly fine for winter.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
559 Posts
Sure, for summer. In winter a wider tire rides on the snow like a snowshoe, rather than biting down into it. A stock 215 size on the OEM rims is perfectly fine for winter.
Yes, going down to a 205 snow tire is probably an even better idea. As you say, wide tires on snow are snowshoes, great for keeping you from sinking up to your chin but not so good for solid traction and control.

·
24 Posts
Yes 235mm tire on a 7" wheel will be close to the minimum fitting.
Luckily the models of the 235mm tires that I desired allow fitting onto wheel widths between 6.5" to 8.5".
:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm still jumping off the roof. What about all those other kids that jumped off the roof and didn't break anything? :oops:
Dude live a little. It will be fine. You guys need to just chill! You do you and I’ll do me. 😂😂😂😂 OEM tire size on my Mazda 3 was 215. I went up to 225 in the winter and had not one issue.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts