Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like, I love the white leather, I am not trying to poo on your baby, but it adds yet another tone to the cabin, it looks like the car was put together from from different cars. You got light pillars and ceiling, black and brown/blue dashboard and black floor, and add the white seats and we have a Frankenstein.

I got used to it now, but when I started watching YouTube reviews no reviewer was bothered by it. And the funny thing is when I was watching a video Infront of my mother, the first thing she said about it is how weird three white leather cabin looks lol.

If you love it I'm happy, but personally I'm a bit weirded out how nobody else has noted it.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts
Like, I love the white leather, I am not trying to poo on your baby, but it adds yet another tone to the cabin, it looks like the car was put together from from different cars. You got light pillars and ceiling, black and brown/blue dashboard and black floor, and add the white seats and we have a Frankenstein.

I got used to it now, but when I started watching YouTube reviews no reviewer was bothered by it. And the funny thing is when I was watching a video Infront of my mother, the first thing she said about it is how weird three white leather cabin looks lol.

If you love it I'm happy, but personally I'm a bit weirded out how nobody else has noted it.
I prefer it as the cabin is too dark, imo, with the black interior, exacerbated by the factory tint windows (completely unnecessary in all but the sunniest, hottest climates). I also feel the parchment seating sets off the brown accents nicely as with a fully black interior the brown just “washes out”.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
11 Posts
When we bought our CX30 I liked the two tone black and brown leather (tho the wife wasn't sure but likes it now). However, we didn't go for the GT Sport Tech because of the mish mash of cabin colours - black, brown and stone. We both agreed that it looked like someone wanted to buy a new cabin interior but could only get a mix of bits at the scrapyard lol This is just an observation I might add and not a criticism since it is all down to personal taste and that's what makes the world go round. It would have been nice though to have had a choice of interior for at least the top two trim levels.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think a white interior would look lovely, but it's gotta be done coherently. I think Toyota corolla looks great from the photos I have seen.

The CX30 black interior can be a lil unexciting, but I like the coherence.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
67 Posts
The black interior reminds me too much of the interior of a coffin----I will be in a coffin soon enough without my car reminding all the time!

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
85 Posts
The black interior reminds me too much of the interior of a coffin----I will be in a coffin soon enough without my car reminding all the time!
That was my initial (showroom impression) when the salesman invited me to sit in the car, lol.

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
92 Posts
I think the white leather seats are a huge NEGATORY. It might look just fine but how is it to live with? My first car had a white vinyl interior (a '77 Oldsmobile Cutlass) and it was hell to deal with. I bought a new '04 F150 with a very light leather (it looked "cream" but that wasn't the name) and you could definitely tell I wore blue jeans a lot - and nothing would get it out. Ink pens are a problem too. So the white on a CX-30 was absolutely not in my plans. It may look nice but looks ain't everything.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
341 Posts
I am not a fan of the white interior as I have 2 dogs and young nieces and nephews that ride in the car and I think keeping clean would be a nightmare. When I bought my 2014 Mazda 3 the only interior available to the top spec model was white or what Mazda called almond so I bought the next model down and added the accessories I needed. My CX30 had the chocolate and black interior which is OK. I wish Mazda had more choices of interior colors. As my CX30 is white I think a red interior would be nice.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
40 Posts
I am not a fan of the white interior as I have 2 dogs and young nieces and nephews that ride in the car and I think keeping clean would be a nightmare. When I bought my 2014 Mazda 3 the only interior available to the top spec model was white or what Mazda called almond so I bought the next model down and added the accessories I needed. My CX30 had the chocolate and black interior which is OK. I wish Mazda had more choices of interior colors. As my CX30 is white I think a red interior would be nice.
A nice blood red like in other mazdas or a saddle brown would be nice

·
Registered
'20 CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
92 Posts
As my CX30 is white I think a red interior would be nice.
A nice blood red like in other mazdas or a saddle brown would be nice
I often wonder what the heck Mazda thinks about on their interior colors; mostly the white. The first time I saw their red interior I thought it looked fantastic. I had seen it listed in some of their information but hadn't given it any thought because most red leather interiors looks pretty awful to me. The red leather I saw in the Mazda3 hatch was pretty nice. I see it now in the Carbon Editions of the CX-5 and Mazda6. Why it's not in the CX-30, I have no idea - one of those things that makes me wonder about the thinking at Mazda.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I often wonder what the heck Mazda thinks about on their interior colors; mostly the white. The first time I saw their red interior I thought it looked fantastic. I had seen it listed in some of their information but hadn't given it any thought because most red leather interiors looks pretty awful to me. The red leather I saw in the Mazda3 hatch was pretty nice. I see it now in the Carbon Editions of the CX-5 and Mazda6. Why it's not in the CX-30, I have no idea - one of those things that makes me wonder about the thinking at Mazda.
Yes, the Mazda 3 red interior is done very well with red appearing in various places in the cabin, tying everything together.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
52 Posts
I like the white, had the dark in my Mazda 6.
Although I would love the red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2021 CX30 AWD Turbo Premium+ (Soul Red/White)
7 Posts
Got the white in the CX30 AWD Turbo Prem+. Have 2 dogs and got a sling type protector for the rear seats that even has flaps to protect the doors too. Got the cilajet paint protection that also covers interior surfaces. Looks pretty striking with the soul red exterior.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30, 2.5, FWD, Astina
4 Posts
YouTube reviews no reviewer was bothered by it
I too had the same reaction to the white leather and brown interior combination. While I thought the white seats by themselves looked good, I decided against getting them mostly because I thought I wouldn't be able to keep them looking that good without a whole heap of cleaning.

With youtube reviewers, in my opinion, they copy each other a lot. For example, the majority made a big deal about the non-turbo version being slow. When I finally drove it I found it to be pretty decent. Sure it can't keep up with the Teslas or the BMWs and it was never designed to be. However, if you watch reviews of other models which are similar or even slower in some cases you find the same big deal about their acceleration is not brought up. I think it all depends on the first few major reviewers and then the trend is set.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love the white leather in mine. All my previous cars were black or dark gray fabric so I was hesitant as first... being concerned about how it might show stains, but we don't have kids or dogs so it stays pretty clean. I've received a lot of compliments on the interior colors too. I was considering a different model that had black seats with blue dash... It had a sportier look but it just felt too dark to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The best combo for me was the Griege interior. I found ONE Machine Grey Metallic Turbo with Griege interior in the entire Western U.S.. The rest were all Black interiors...

My Interior:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts