Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago I bought a 2021 CX-30 Select and I absolutely love it!

My only issue so far is that while using my Android Auto with Waze or Google maps, neither app will go into dark mode at night... either automatically or manually. I have an Samsung s10+ running Android 11. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, were you able to fix it?

Thanks for you time.

For those of you who are curious, that's my 2020 GMC Terrain SLT in the background. Yes, I like white vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
can't help as I don't use those features just use the regular nav system on the SD card.

My vehicle looks exactly like yours 👍

·
Registered
77 Posts
PeterK, Good one sir :)

I just want to add and I am not suggesting OP is stating this BUT keep in mind Google and Apple are nothing but a headache for ALL CAR Companies as these tech giants just change things in their Apps or add /remove features and either never tell car manufacturers or they find out when there is an issue in the field (customer) as a conflict occurs with the Car Brand Infotainment systems code.
One day there maybe better cooperation between makers.

It is not always 'a' Car Brand defect or fault.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
23 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I bought a 2021 CX-30 Select and I absolutely love it!

My only issue so far is that while using my Android Auto with Waze or Google maps, neither app will go into dark mode at night... either automatically or manually. I have an Samsung s10+ running Android 11. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, were you able to fix it?

Thanks for you time.

For those of you who are curious, that's my 2020 GMC Terrain SLT in the background. Yes, I like white vehicles.

View attachment 1598
I was able to get the night mode working on google maps by using the Mazda settings displayed on the info screen. So I left the phone alone, found settings, dug down and found day night mode, it was set to automatic. I changed that to night and the screen darkened. This won't help the phone's display, but does get the map displayed in the dark grey that is easier on the eyes at night.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
23 Posts
Actually I found a better solution thanks to other users here at the CX-30 forums. I was able to get the Android Auto nav map to automatically change from day to night by slightly dimming the center cluster display lights. According to others, if the dash brightness is turned all the way up, it will not switch between the day and night modes. The two buttons controlling the Center Dash Display level of brightness are located on the lower right of the dash console, real close to the empty setting on the fuel gauge.(if you are using the digital dash with 3 circular gauges)

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I found a better solution thanks to other users here at the CX-30 forums. I was able to get the Android Auto nav map to automatically change from day to night by slightly dimming the center cluster display lights. According to others, if the dash brightness is turned all the way up, it will not switch between the day and night modes. The two buttons controlling the Center Dash Display level of brightness are located on the lower right of the dash console, real close to the empty setting on the fuel gauge.(if you are using the digital dash with 3 circular gauges)
OMG! That did it! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts