Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Preferred
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was traveling back from my families town to our home, about a 4 hr drive. Near the midpoint of the drive, the AA MAPS nav voice spoke up and said a speed trap was up ahead. I never did see any cars pulled over, but less than 5 minutes from the audio warning, a State Patrol vehicle passed me traveling in the other direction. I'm assuming that was the speed trap car. Then, about 20 miles further down the road ANOTHER State Trooper vehicle passed, again traveling the opposite direction, but there was no warning about the 2nd car.
So how does AA generate these warnings? From user imput? Monitoring police radios? What???

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
219 Posts
Another map program, Waze, allows users to report speed traps and the like and also uses algorithms to help locate such things (traffic speeds slowing down and then speeding up, etc.) to firm up likely locations. Google now owns Waze and has been integrating features from it into Google maps.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
TomTom's apps Go and AmiGo both have a facility for drivers to report speed traps too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.