Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here.

Just got a new CX-30 Select 3 weeks ago and everything has been perfect except a little issue I have with Android Auto. So whenever I have google maps or Waze on with the voice direction enabled, as soon as I receive a phone call the voice direction mutes when the phone call is active which is 100% normal obviously, but as soon as the phone call is over and I hang up or the other person on the line hangs up, the voice direction stays mute and never returns. The navigation arrow is still working in this instance but again the voice never returns like as if it thinks I am still on a call. I have to unplug my phone and plug it back in to get the voice direction back...what could be the issue here and how can I get this bug to stop? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, new member here.

Just got a new CX-30 Select 3 weeks ago and everything has been perfect except a little issue I have with Android Auto. So whenever I have google maps or Waze on with the voice direction enabled, as soon as I receive a phone call the voice direction mutes when the phone call is active which is 100% normal obviously, but as soon as the phone call is over and I hang up or the other person on the line hangs up, the voice direction stays mute and never returns. The navigation arrow is still working in this instance but again the voice never returns like as if it thinks I am still on a call. I have to unplug my phone and plug it back in to get the voice direction back...what could be the issue here and how can I get this bug to stop? Thanks.
Yep lots of android auto issues going around. Mostly on googles side apparently. Waze is supposedly going to release a patch soon to fix alot of issues, same with Google and Android auto

Mine has been fubar for about 2 months now

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
486 Posts
this Android Auto is all new to me and not sure I would have much use for it, but as it's available in my vehicle, I'm curious as to what it does and if it's of any use.
However, as I know so little about I understand that you have to download an app to your phone from the Google Play store to help activate it to my system, but when I go to the store there seems to be so many different apps in this regard, I've no idea which one is the right one.
Can anyone help guide my in the right direction as I am totally lost on what to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Android 10(Android Q ) comes with preinstalled Android Auto App in your phone by default, so all that you need to do it just connect your phone to the car via USB.
For older phone follow the guide Android Auto | Android

·
Registered
486 Posts
Android 10(Android Q ) comes with preinstalled Android Auto App in your phone by default, so all that you need to do it just connect your phone to the car via USB.
For older phone follow the guide Android Auto | Android
mine is only Android 5.1(I hardly use my phone, just have mainly in case of emergency), but from your link I see which of the apps in the Google Store I now need and will see if that works. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mine is only Android 5.1
This is off-topic, and I realize that you don't want to waste money on something you don't need. But you might want to be wary of the security risk you run since Android 5.1 (Lollipop) is no longer supported and has not received security updates for three years. It might be time to get a new phone. On the Android side, the Pixel 4a is only $350 and has the newest everything and will get updates for at least 3 years. And since it is a Google Pixel phone, it gets updates the day they come out. Of course, many other phones are also available.

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is off-topic, and I realize that you don't want to waste money on something you don't need. But you might want to be wary of the security risk you run since Android 5.1 (Lollipop) is no longer supported and has not received security updates for three years. It might be time to get a new phone. On the Android side, the Pixel 4a is only $350 and has the newest everything and will get updates for at least 3 years. And since it is a Google Pixel phone, it gets updates the day they come out. Of course, many other phones are also available.
appreciate your feedback and concern but it's not worth changing phones, my phone is turned off 99% of the time and maybe make 1-2 dozens calls on it a year, so it's simply not worth it for that kind of use, I don't have any security concerns as there is nothing on it to be concerned about. I also got this phone for free initially.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts