Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Select AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my CX 30 2 days ago and I'm noticing that when Android Auto Is playing either Spotify & Pandora, it clips/skips no matter which one I use. Also Android Auto only works if my phone is both plugged in & Bluetooth is on, I thought that Bluetooth had nothing to do with Android Auto. If I turn Bluetooth off but have my phone plugged in it will not bring up Android Auto, there is no little icon on the right to click to, (but my phone will charge), Also when I go to the sources menu USB 1 & 2 are grayed out even with phone plugged in and charging.

Am I missing anything to get this to work correctly.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
47 Posts
Just got my CX 30 2 days ago and I'm noticing that when Android Auto Is playing either Spotify & Pandora, it clips/skips no matter which one I use. Also Android Auto only works if my phone is both plugged in & Bluetooth is on, I thought that Bluetooth had nothing to do with Android Auto. If I turn Bluetooth off but have my phone plugged in it will not bring up Android Auto, there is no little icon on the right to click to, (but my phone will charge), Also when I go to the sources menu USB 1 & 2 are grayed out even with phone plugged in and charging.

I don't think you're missing anything. I've had my CX-30 since June and just started messing with Android Auto a few weeks ago while on a two week road trip. I think it's WEIRD you've got to have both Bluetooth and a wired connection to make Android Auto to work. My F150 truck only requires the cable connection. I also don't like that AA totally takes control of the navigation (forcing you to use Google Maps) unless you've already got a route going in the regular NAV system. Unless I'm missing something on that - I've tried everything to get to the regular NAV and my stored addresses while using AA but I can't figure it out - whenever I pick the NAV button it takes me to Google Maps and I think I've tried to get to NAV through the menus and still end up with Google. For Pandora, doesn't the car have Pandora already as a choice - I think I've seen it on the SOURCE menu. I don't use Pandora but I do use IHeartRadio a lot - I'd rather just use the Bluetooth only connection to play it so I don't lose control of so much stuff. I'm not all that impressed with AA on the CX-30 - it's much better in my F150.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Use Spotify with my phone bluetoothed only, no problems at all. I don’t think I’ve ever plugged a charging lead between the 2 since I got it.
I’d suggest you remove your phone from your car’s list of bluetoothed devices and start from scratch, without the wire.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT
6 Posts

I had the same issue. Initially, I disabled a setting in Android named “media audio” and it fixed my problem. I later found out that manually setting the Bluetooth connection version to 1.3 instead of 1.4 in Android also fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Select AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the same issue. Initially, I disabled a setting in Android named “media audio” and it fixed my problem. I later found out that manually setting the Bluetooth connection version to 1.3 instead of 1.4 in Android also fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2021 Select AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to try that along with the above suggestions . I don't know if I just don't have things set up right or what. But Android Auto is not working good at all, along with the above sometimes I have to switch USB plugs, I've also have had to turn car on and off a couple times, along with a couple times having to delete phone and reset setting to get it to work. I'm not the most technical person so I'm hoping it's just me not having something set correctly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you got more than one phone paired with your car Tidle?
If so, then it could be trying to work with one through the wire while looking for the other through Bluetooth.
Just a thought

·
Registered
37 Posts
FYI - a new version of Android Auto comes out in December. If your phone gets updates, it might fix issues for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts