Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come to Mazda after 15 years with BMW, and don't regret the change one bit! I bought the top of the range CX-30, and am delighted with it! One of my interests is seamless integration with my Samsung S20 Ultra mobile, and I was delighted that the Mazda far outshines my BMW X1 in this respect. However, I would really love to connect my phone to my car WIRELESSLY, so the phone just stays in my pocket and connects as soon as I get in. I even have the wireless charger in the glove box, should I want to pop it in, if I was on a run. There are all sorts of dongles and gizmos out there, but they all seem flawed, and appear to work better where wireless Apple Carplay is involved. I think the issue is that the head unit in the Mazda needs to have its own WiFi capability which then allows the Android phone to connect without a cable. BMW were slow to get wired Android Auto into some of its cars, and now has changed this to a wireless connection. Recently-purchased BMWs have been able to upgrade to wireless simply by downloading an online software update for free (a miracle in itself!) without even having to visit a dealer. I've enquired at every level, but no one can really comment, one way or another. If any member of the forum has some input, I'd be very interested to hear it. Many thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
227 Posts
Someone on the forum has a wireless set up but I can't remember who but I did save the unit he recommended. Haven't had the chance to buy one.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
78 Posts
Someone on the forum has a wireless set up but I can't remember who but I did save the unit he recommended. Haven't had the chance to buy one.
This is cool. I wonder if they are working on a version for Android? This is something I find annoying with my CX-30; having to plug my phone up to the car for Android Auto to work - my 2016 Ford F150 works wirelessly...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts