Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going into almost one year into my lease and iv been thinking ahead lol as I always do and I wanted to know people's exsperiance with a Mazda lease and the end of lease exsperiance with the inspection and how picky they are . As it stands now I have no damage and I am curious what the inspection company would let go as far as normal wear and tear as this is my first ever lease lol but I'm very maticulous with my vehicles and every one iv ever traded in has had no damage more then a couple Rock chips which I fixed with touched up paint and then gone over it again with ceramic coating. Thx for the feedback guys 😊

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to lease this car but it was too expensive to buy extra miles. I drive a lot for work. It was cheaper for me to buy.
after me buying 2 vehicles and the last one being a nissan Rouge sport which was terrible might i say warranty work all the time and issues that was getting out of hand and unacceptable for a new vehicle that was going on two years old so this time i decided to lease for the reason of not losing money on trading it in and or depreciation and also i never like to keep my vehicles longer then 4-5 years so i was losing money by not leasing .. my top of the line cx-30 will cost me little over 18 grand over 3 years and .. the nissan rouge sport i had that was two years old with 24,854 miles on it nothing but problems and i paid for it $33,000.. trade in on it was 16,000 and yes i do realize that vehicles depreciate quickly but mine was low miles and in like new condition with not even a scratch on it and never in a accident.. lol cx 30 residuel value after 3 years will be at 19,500 lol im happy to lease now don't have to worry about such things.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
67 Posts
I leased 2 Mazda vehicles in May 2018---first was 2019 CX-3 GS FWD on a 3 year,20,000 km/year lease, with $292/month tax in and no down payment,$12,700 lease end buyout. So my depreciation cost was limited to $3500 per year. Second was 2018 Mazda 6 GS-L Turbo with Luxury package, against which I traded my owned 2017 Mazda 6 GS with 22,000kms. I went with a 4 year,20,000 km/year lease with $12,500 lease end buy out, $76/month tax in payment and I received a $2000 cash payment. So this lease limited my depreciation cost to $4000 per year. Both leases were at 0% promotional rate. This was the first time I have ever leased and previously I always paid cash.

I do all my own routine maintenance using Mazda oil filters and Castrol Edge synthetic oil and keep all receipts.I usually buy all the oil and filters for 3 or 4 years so only have 2 receipts to keep. I dispose of the used oil and filter at my Mazda dealer. I never buy extended warranties.

I was at my dealer last November and was offered a 1month old CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury package, 650kms on clock for $29,500 cash(plus taxes) and the dealer would take back our CX-3 lease vehicle at no cost to us. Took the CX-30 for a test drive and was really impressed. However I did not want leather seats or the sunroof.
So we ended up buying a 2021 CX-30 GS AWD for about $1300 less and decided on 3 year financing at an effective negative 0.25% rate. (the actual finance rate was 0.5% but I qualified for an extra $500 cash rebate as a returning Mazda owner). The dealer took my 2019 CX-3 lease car with 34,000kms and liquidated the lease at no cost to me. The car was sold as a one owner used car within about 4 weeks.
At the time I turned the CX-3 in , the original tires had about 8/32 tread depth, the original brake pads had more than half original thickness remaining ,brake rotors were clean and unscored. The car had a windshield replaced under warranty, and two other warranty visits one for calibration of TPMS and one for calibration of front collision monitor after windshield change. Other than those items just oil/filter and tire rotation.

My current thinking is not to lease again. I will probably buy the Mazda 6 Turbo which has been virtually trouble free so far in 45,000 kms.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I leased 2 Mazda vehicles in May 2018---first was 2019 CX-3 GS FWD on a 3 year,20,000 km/year lease, with $292/month tax in and no down payment,$12,700 lease end buyout. So my depreciation cost was limited to $3500 per year. Second was 2018 Mazda 6 GS-L Turbo with Luxury package, against which I traded my owned 2017 Mazda 6 GS with 22,000kms. I went with a 4 year,20,000 km/year lease with $12,500 lease end buy out, $76/month tax in payment and I received a $2000 cash payment. So this lease limited my depreciation cost to $4000 per year. Both leases were at 0% promotional rate. This was the first time I have ever leased and previously I always paid cash.

I do all my own routine maintenance using Mazda oil filters and Castrol Edge synthetic oil and keep all receipts.I usually buy all the oil and filters for 3 or 4 years so only have 2 receipts to keep. I dispose of the used oil and filter at my Mazda dealer. I never buy extended warranties.

I was at my dealer last November and was offered a 1month old CX-30 GS AWD with Luxury package, 650kms on clock for $29,500 cash(plus taxes) and the dealer would take back our CX-3 lease vehicle at no cost to us. Took the CX-30 for a test drive and was really impressed. However I did not want leather seats or the sunroof.
So we ended up buying a 2021 CX-30 GS AWD for about $1300 less and decided on 3 year financing at an effective negative 0.25% rate. (the actual finance rate was 0.5% but I qualified for an extra $500 cash rebate as a returning Mazda owner). The dealer took my 2019 CX-3 lease car with 34,000kms and liquidated the lease at no cost to me. The car was sold as a one owner used car within about 4 weeks.
At the time I turned the CX-3 in , the original tires had about 8/32 tread depth, the original brake pads had more than half original thickness remaining ,brake rotors were clean and unscored. The car had a windshield replaced under warranty, and two other warranty visits one for calibration of TPMS and one for calibration of front collision monitor after windshield change. Other than those items just oil/filter and tire rotation.

My current thinking is not to lease again. I will probably buy the Mazda 6 Turbo which has been virtually trouble free so far in 45,000 kms.
WOW! Thank you so much for the feed back :D . My current 2020 cx30 GT I leased and glad i did because I would like to upgrade to a turbo cx30 or a little bigger turbo cx5 and bite the cost of a little bit more money per month.. I never usually keep my vehicles more then 5 years.. My current cx-30 was a good idea to lease as im not going to be getting kicked with the depreciation and save cash by doing so.. Will probably lease the second mazda weather being a cx30 Turbo or cx5 turbo and depending on how much I like it and weather I stay with the vehicle i chose then.. I might just keep it after the lease if the buyout is worth it. Dealer also offered to buy me out after one year left on the lease as they know I like the turbo but current buy out is at $30 grand so not worth it now but another year with one year left on the lease it will be good and dealer said I would start off fresh again as they know i do not want negative equity added onto a new lease.. that's just silly to me. I think I might just lease another cx30 as its only Me and my partner with a small dog so I don't think bigger then the cx-30 is required and i could save the higher cost of a cx-5 difference for something else.. like maybe keeping my second cx30 with turbo.
thx for the response again.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
67 Posts
Long time ownership can work with the right vehicles. I bought a brand new 1971 Volvo 142E( $3745 plus tax) --the first electric fuel injected car engine---with 4speed manual with electric overdrive(could be driven like a 6 speed manual) which we kept for 10 years---no major repairs except 3 sets of brake rotors and pads. I had a new 2001 Mazda Millenia S ($34,000 plus tax) which I had for 10 years which required only scheduled maintenance. My wife had a 1998 Plymouth Breeze with 2.4L 4 cylinder( $14800 plus tax) which lasted 9 years and only had scheduled maintenance. I did all the maintenance myself including timing belt changes.

For summer fun I have my two Jaguars a 2004 Vanden Plas with 4.2L V8, with 300bhp and 310 ft-ibs torque and my 2012 JaguarXF with 5.0L V8 with 385 bhp and lots of torque. Both are inexpensive if you maintain them yourself and nothing big breaks!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts