Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone likes a moan and I cannot find any posts on how good the CX-30 is. Like most things in life, folks only seem to contribute when something goes wrong. So, how many owners are out there that have had their new car for longer than 6 months and use it almost every day and have not had any issues at all?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Everyone likes a moan and I cannot find any posts on how good the CX-30 is. Like most things in life, folks only seem to contribute when something goes wrong. So, how many owners are out there that have had their new car for longer than 6 months and use it almost every day and have not had any issues at all?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m in Australia and top of the range cx30 is called Astina here . I’ve had it only 3 months and traveled 4500 klms . My only glitch has been MRCC disabling in heavy rain which lasted a few minutes then all good again , it’s happened 3 times and always very heavy rain. Besides that I absolutely love this car and definitely happy with my choice, in Australia they are Thailand built and the finish and quality is very good. I look forward to driving this car each day and love the ease of access with door touch sensitive and I actually love the MRCC as when I travel up and down highway my route goes from 50klms per hour to 110 klms per hour and I find it very convenient. The seats are for me very comfortable and it handles corners beautifully, nearly as good as my previous Mazda 3 sp25 , there’s a slight difference in handling but not much. I went with the AWD as some roads I go down to go surfing aren’t the best and the cladding for me is great , if I’m going to scratch something I would rather it’s the cladding and not paint. I researched this car and others for 3 months and it ticks the most boxes for me . I was hesitant at first when I discovered it had CD which in Australia you have no choice if you want the 2.5 ltr engine , the 2.0 ltr engine doesn’t have CD but after a test drive I wanted to stick with the 2.5 engine. The CD has been faultless so far and when watching it on the monitor it’s hard to notice the change from 2 to 4 cylinders and 4 to 2 , if l had my choice I wouldn’t have CD as not sure if there is any issues with life of engine . In saying that on a trip cruising on 110 klms per hr I’m getting 5.5 ltr s per 100 klms around town about 8.5 . I plan on keeping car for 10 years so here’s hoping for smooth sailing and overall extremely happy with my cx30

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m in Australia and top of the range cx30 is called Astina here . I’ve had it only 3 months and traveled 4500 klms . My only glitch has been MRCC disabling in heavy rain which lasted a few minutes then all good again , it’s happened 3 times and always very heavy rain. Besides that I absolutely love this car and definitely happy with my choice, in Australia they are Thailand built and the finish and quality is very good. I look forward to driving this car each day and love the ease of access with door touch sensitive and I actually love the MRCC as when I travel up and down highway my route goes from 50klms per hour to 110 klms per hour and I find it very convenient. The seats are for me very comfortable and it handles corners beautifully, nearly as good as my previous Mazda 3 sp25 , there’s a slight difference in handling but not much. I went with the AWD as some roads I go down to go surfing aren’t the best and the cladding for me is great , if I’m going to scratch something I would rather it’s the cladding and not paint. I researched this car and others for 3 months and it ticks the most boxes for me . I was hesitant at first when I discovered it had CD which in Australia you have no choice if you want the 2.5 ltr engine , the 2.0 ltr engine doesn’t have CD but after a test drive I wanted to stick with the 2.5 engine. The CD has been faultless so far and when watching it on the monitor it’s hard to notice the change from 2 to 4 cylinders and 4 to 2 , if l had my choice I wouldn’t have CD as not sure if there is any issues with life of engine . In saying that on a trip cruising on 110 klms per hr I’m getting 5.5 ltr s per 100 klms around town about 8.5 . I plan on keeping car for 10 years so here’s hoping for smooth sailing and overall extremely happy with my cx30
Thanks for that comprehensive reply. I'm test driving one this coming Saturday.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
334 Posts
Collection date was 25th January..
2500 mile in due to my wife working from home, she drive the car more than me. No faults to mention,. Love the car..122 g spec engine getting above 40mpg city driving and 50 mpg plus on the motorway.
Like most forums people only post faults and queries..

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
71 Posts
My car has been absolutely perfect in every way possible. Closing in on 9,000 miles.... I Wish the tires were better in the rain and wear department. But I have never thought different about any oem tire...

Forgot to mention,

My mother also has a cx30 select FWD. Has no issues with the vehicle. She says it is her favorite car she has owned over 65 years.

·
Registered
CX-30 Sport Lux Skyactive-X Arctic White
11 Posts
I have had mine since March and the only ting I though was wrong as the heated seats going off/on in a cycle but a think that's normal behaviour. Oh and a high pitched noise coming from somewhere in the footwell but im in no rush to book it in. Its a brand new car and I think that's just normal teething problems with such...I love the car and its been one of the best cars we have ever owned (only behind or mx-5)

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
38 Posts
If you are considering the Skyactiv -X engine you need to be aware there are people experiencing engine noise caused by an apparently defective compressor. One person already withing 500 km of ownership. Some now experiencing the same again with a replaced and apparently modified compressor. This is coming from a German CX-30 forum I am also visiting. This is not assuring for durability of that new engine. Safety recalls which have happened should be fixed in current production or dealer upon delivery. For the rest minor annoyances and first world problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The MRCC is going to disengage in heavy rain because it's radar based and the rain interferes with the signal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top trim Skyactive-G, 5 months, 7500km in Europe. No issues except a series of faint rattling noises in the dashboard area and windows. Can't figure out the source, driving me nuts.

Fuel consumption 6 l/100km, but I can often achieve 5 l/100km when driving cautiously.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
377 Posts
Wouldn't that have been one of the better times for it to work. Will it work in heavy fog...
from the owners manual:
"The front radar sensor cannot detect target objects (during rain, fog, snow or other inclement weather conditions, or when the radiator grille is dirty)."

·
Registered
2020 AWD Select Machine Gray Metallic Mobil 1 0w20
145 Posts
I've had mine for 7 months (6,500 miles). No issues other than a very faint rattle sound from driver's side front wheel area. Very happy with the car.

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
lol mine is actually defective ... mazda technical services has instructed the dealership to replace it under a warranty claim.. it was doing it the exact time i took this picture and it is perfectly clean and is still having the same issue while i wait for the part to come into my dealership. Now let me say the issue is minor and i do not hate the vehicle and in fact i really like it and would lease another one when the time comes :) also this picture of the rim was sent to mazda from the dealership and with no fighting with mazda warranty claim department they are sending the dealership a new rim as the paint has lifting just on the one rim and as you can see its not road rash or any issue that i have caused as i have 15 years of professional automotive experience and 5 of those years was spent as a service/parts advisor and the rest as a toyota detailing technician doing paint correction etc so i can honestly say it was caused by a paint imperfection of a bubble in the paint as i noticed it before the paint came off and it was just paint floating and not adhered to the alloy metal but I absolutely love the vehicle tho and these are just small issues that i didn't even need to fight with Mazda or the dealership about. Recalls well those things just happen and i dont even call that a issue as its not something failing.. any man made machine is susceptible to these sorts of thins and i rest my case :)

·
Registered
20 CX-30 Premium
2 Posts
I purchased mine in January 20 and have 19,560 miles on it and I've had no issues, am enjoying the fact that it's been hassle free.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
If I was a betting man, I'm not, I would say that the majority of the cars are fault free. Hopefully, when mine arrives it will be one of them.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
334 Posts
If I was a betting man, I'm not, I would say that the majority of the cars are fault free. Hopefully, when mine arrives it will be one of them.
As you say the majority of car are ok. whan is your car due?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As you say the majority of car are ok. whan is your car due?
Sometime in September I was told, but still waiting for the phone call to tell me I can go get it. Ordered just over three weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts