Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 Touring, 2 litre auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Mazda CX30 in March 2021 I am very disappointed with the audible warning system that reads the road signs it is not reliable and continually chimes when it misses signs , I have complained previously and the camera was checked and found Ok, but it is NOT it is just very annoying and possible a dangerous distraction, The only alternative is to turn the system off which is not good enough,
I am not the only one with this complaint just look on the Internet to find many other Mazda owners with the same complaint ! All that needs to be done is to update the software so it will only chime say 3 times to warn me then if its a false reading at least I don't have to put up with the noise until i reach another road sign,,

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
I've not experienced any 'chimes' on my CX-30 when reading road signs. Can you possibly explain the set up you have, or post some links to the other examples on the Internet so that we can understand what the issue is with your CX-30?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
147 Posts
I purchased a Mazda CX30 in March 2021 I am very disappointed with the audible warning system that reads the road signs it is not reliable and continually chimes when it misses signs , I have complained previously and the camera was checked and found Ok, but it is NOT it is just very annoying and possible a dangerous distraction, The only alternative is to turn the system off which is not good enough,
I am not the only one with this complaint just look on the Internet to find many other Mazda owners with the same complaint ! All that needs to be done is to update the software so it will only chime say 3 times to warn me then if its a false reading at least I don't have to put up with the noise until i reach another road sign,,
I have had to turn mine off, my 2018 M3 chimed 3 times as a warning but the CX30 continuously chimes until you reach the speed limit you are in, i travel on a 30 mph road to work and a side road has a 20mph sign which points out towards me, the chimes are going off for a further 2 miles until i get to work or until a new MPH sign is read, i have just got back from London and on the 150 mile drive i noticed the dash was saying to do 30mph all the way up the M25 and M40, if i had the warning turned on it would have been annoying as hell

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Polymetal grey GT Sport Tech Skyactiv G auto
48 Posts
I would never turn that feature on in the first place! Why would I want to be beeped at everytime I stray above the speed limit! Not that I would ever speed of course 😇

·
Registered
2021 CX30 SEL
17 Posts
I am able to set my warning to "off" , "visual" or "visual and audible", I quickly set it to just "visual" after experiencing the annoying constant chimes, in visual the speed sign in the HUD just has a glowing ring round it when you go faster than the sign says.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
I am able to set my warning to "off" , "visual" or "visual and audible", I quickly set it to just "visual" after experiencing the annoying constant chimes, in visual the speed sign in the HUD just has a glowing ring round it when you go faster than the sign says.
Just the way I operate. The point is that Car Navigation Maps are SO far out of date (not just on Mazda) with respect to speed limits that I just don't trust them at all. There is NO way I would set the car to 'beep' at me if I went at a speed the car considered too fast. There are enough notifications on the dash (flashing speed limit in the HUD / red line extending from the speed on the speedometer) and other notifications in the car (occupant of passenger seat :rolleyes:) so the last thing I need is the car beeping too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had no idea this crap was on the car! The problem is the people design the car itself LOVE cars. The jerkoffs writing code for the "info-tainment sytem" HATE cars. They don't care if the builder goes broke, they were looking for a job when they found this one, right? They can get a super duper job working on games instead of stupid cars, you know, like killing aliens from the plant "Zeep Zorp".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.