Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my CX-30 for about 3 months and am on an extended roadtrip. Prior to leaving on this trip a few days ago I hadn't driven my car much at all - short trips to the store or out to eat mostly. I'm now doing some serious long distance driving and thought of something when I'm using the radar cruise control: When the car does an auto brake does the brake lights in the back come on? I thought of that when someone suddenly moved into my lane causing a pretty hard auto brake. I can't remember if there was someone behind me or not but if there had of been and they weren't paying attention they could hit me. Does anyone know the answer to this?

By the way, my car is getting pretty nice fuel usage. Anywhere from 38-40 MPG on long stretches at anywhere from 65-75 MPH.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
164 Posts
I don't know the answer and I have contemplated the same question.

I had a similar experience, multi lane divided expressway where a car in an adjacent lane suddenly moved into my lane causing my car to suddenly and very firmly apply the brakes, even though there was no danger of a collision between the two of us.

I am not a fan of the MRCC. Never will be converted.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
40 Posts
I'm certain that any time the brakes are applied, whether by the operator of the vehicle or any automated systems, the brake lights are activated - this includes use of the Auto Hold feature. Now, with most smart cruise control systems, they will often use engine braking if the vehicle is merely being slowed down somewhat (as opposed to actually trying to slow it quickly or get it stopped), in which case, much like you lifting off the accelerator, the brake lights would not be on as the brakes themselves are not being engaged.

·
Registered
GT Sport Tech - driven by the wife
37 Posts
Yes the brake lights come on when the MRCC brakes and when you use the auto hold function
Yes, this is true for the UK models, too. In fact, all my cars have done the same including numerous Lexus cars and a Kia!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts