Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GS AWD Crystal Blue Mica
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if there's something I did. I now have to switch the high and low beams on and off despite the correct position for the controller.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
807 Posts
Reactions: steve67

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
97 Posts
My guess is you accidentally used the button to override the HBC system setting in the menu. Sorry for Dutch screenshot.
hbc.JPG

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Ronnie! I hadn't turned it off in Settings but there is a distinct possibility I pressed the button. Didn't even know it was there. I'll check it next time I drive at night but I think that's probably the problem.

Reactions: Ronnie

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bit late getting back to this problem as I don't drive at night much but unfortunately the button makes no difference. Set settings back to factory settings, have high beam on auto, whichever way I push the button the beams don't change. Have to do it manually.

·
Registered
807 Posts
A bit late getting back to this problem as I don't drive at night much but unfortunately the button makes no difference. Set settings back to factory settings, have high beam on auto, whichever way I push the button the beams don't change. Have to do it manually.
works great on my GS. If you set it back to factory settings, make sure the HBC is turned on (under exterior lighting) and read 4-88 in your manual, there is something you are not doing right, or it needs to be checked at your local dealer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Factory settings automatically turns on HBC, but to make assurance doubly sure I checked and HBC has always been on. Polymetal Gray, by dim/bright are you referring to the button on the end of the controller? If so I've tried it both ways with no difference. Talked to the dealer who had nothing to add. I'll have them look at it when I take it in to get tires changed and the recall done. Live too far away to make a trip just for HBC. However, at looking at 4-88 in the manual I can't be sure now that the headlight switch has always been in the low-beam position. I'll have to check that next time I drive at night.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
307 Posts
No what I was referring to was the LH stick in the aft position because forward would be in the manual bright position

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK. That's the one I'll have to check again next time I drive in the dark. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guess would be that you are using the lights in the “on” position, HBC system only works in “auto” on the left stalk by the steering wheel.

I have left them on as well by accident because this car turns off your lights when you leave the car regardless so after driving in some fog or something, where I had to override the auto system, the HBC was disabled.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, I'd checked that out earlier. Easy to make that mistake as there are no lights on the stick but auto is the first step up from the bottom so you can do it by feel.

·
Registered
807 Posts
No, I'd checked that out earlier. Easy to make that mistake as there are no lights on the stick but auto is the first step up from the bottom so you can do it by feel.
yes there is very little reason to not leave it on AUTO. I had this feature on my previous vehicle which I owned for 4.5 years and I could probably count on one hand the number of times I switched it to another setting. However, I did not have the HBC feature :)

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
732 Posts
The only times iv ever forced switched the headlights on is in a really heavy rainfall driving on the highway as it's not need that needs to see it's the people behind me that need to know I am there as even with the auto headlights sensitivity set to hight it still doesn't know that the driving conditions are poor and the headlights should be on for safety other then that auto works well and for me the auto high beams work very well.

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
1 Posts
I got a CX30 2021 and since two days ago have been having the same issue. Nothing mentioned above and from the settings seem to work. As soon as I press the accelerate the highbeam light is turned on regardless if it is on auto or manual setting or what time of the day it is...

·
Registered
‘17 CX-9 Signature & ‘19 Mazda 3 GT
67 Posts
OK. That's the one I'll have to check again next time I drive in the dark. Thanks.
Wondering if issue has been resolved? Was going to mention that you’ll only see the HBC with the “A” icon on the dash appear during night time and will disappear during day time. Also ensure light stalk in the low beam position and under auto I/o park lights or on. Hope all is good for you now!

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
677 Posts
I got a CX30 2021 and since two days ago have been having the same issue. Nothing mentioned above and from the settings seem to work. As soon as I press the accelerate the highbeam light is turned on regardless if it is on auto or manual setting or what time of the day it is...
Welcome to the forum - please update your profile and post an introduction. It's all explained here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts