Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 SE L Lux Auto E-Skyactiv x
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
Im in the uk and have the 2021 e skyactiv x 186bhp Auto CX30. I’m not sure why the car won’t lock itself automatically after 30 seconds. Most of the time it locks while walking away from vehicle. But not all the time. If not should it not just lock by itself after 30 seconds which is which is what it’s set to. Sometimes when I come out I see the car unlocked and I go to open door and it opens .

On another note , why doesn’t the car have the same performance all the time. Sometimes it’s really light and responsive and the steering feels really nice and in general really comfortable drive. And other times it’s not a comfortable drive and a bit hard and not loose and steering feels different. It’s annoying that it’s not the same drive all the time. Am I doing something wrong or does the car recognise driving styles etc as it’s an auto I’m not sure whet they call this I can’t think of it . It is it because I’m not doing a lot of long journeys . I’m sorry I’m no expert and just needed some advice . Is it normal for a car to be like this. I just want that nice comfy drive all the time . Has anyone else experienced this

thx

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
114 Posts
Hi Everyone
Im in the uk and have the 2021 e skyactiv x 186bhp Auto CX30. I’m not sure why the car won’t lock itself automatically after 30 seconds. Most of the time it locks while walking away from vehicle. But not all the time. If not should it not just lock by itself after 30 seconds which is which is what it’s set to. Sometimes when I come out I see the car unlocked and I go to open door and it opens .

On another note , why doesn’t the car have the same performance all the time. Sometimes it’s really light and responsive and the steering feels really nice and in general really comfortable drive. And other times it’s not a comfortable drive and a bit hard and not loose and steering feels different. It’s annoying that it’s not the same drive all the time. Am I doing something wrong or does the car recognise driving styles etc as it’s an auto I’m not sure whet they call this I can’t think of it . It is it because I’m not doing a lot of long journeys . I’m sorry I’m no expert and just needed some advice . Is it normal for a car to be like this. I just want that nice comfy drive all the time . Has anyone else experienced this

thx
There is a note for the walk-away auto lock function in the manual, that reads: "If you are out of the operational range
before the doors and the liftgate are completely closed or another transmitter is left in the vehicle, the walk-away auto lock function will not work." The other possibility is that when closing the driver's door you touch simultaneously locking and unlocking areas on the door handle and this disrupts your auto lock function. I suggest you have another look at the section related to the door locks in the Owner's manual I attached. These are pages 3-11 to 3-27.
Regarding your second question it is difficult to determine the reason for this behaviour without additional information related to the way you drive your car, the modes you use on your auto gearbox, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Style (SkyActiv-G Automatic)
12 Posts
It's the same for me, auto lock is sometimes very fast - I don't even have the time to go to my son's door and some other times it just doesn't lock. So never fully trust the auto lock function, and check for it fails from time to time (let say 10%). I believe it also has to do with the opening of other doors and hatch if you leave it open a long time. Aside from that, I appreciate the lock button on the hatch inside panel, I often use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts