Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door auto lock feature works fine for me but repeatedly fails to lock when my wife uses the car. I have tried to figure why this happens with no luck. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
when the door closes make sure you hear the audible double beep beep with the amber lights flashing then this means it recignizes the key fob for auto lock and when you walk away it then should beepn again with the amber lights.. i do this with mine and this way i know its always going to lock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd second Detailguy's advice. It might also be worth checking whether the auto lock function is selected as part of your wife's driver profile. If you are each using your own key, then it could be that she hasn't got it included as part of her setup.

Also has your wife demonstrated the no lock scenario to you? It would be worth observing her exiting the vehicle as I find that sometimes a rapid exit means the auto locking process doesn't initiate.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
Ben - which specific model are you driving as vehicle features and operations can vary.

travel with your wife when she drives and find out what she is doing different to you to cause the problem 😊

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ben - which specific model are you driving as vehicle features and operations can vary.

travel with your wife when she drives and find out what she is doing different to you to cause the problem 😊
But make sure you haven't got your own key with you when you do it

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
97 Posts
I have found that if you walk away from the car too quickly then it doesn't lock. Also, if you are stood too far away from the car when you shut the door.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I’ve found when you open the rear hatch after exiting the car, it will not auto lock after closing the hatch.
I always use the 🔒 button under the tailgate if I've had it open. It's so easy to just push that & walk away, it locks everything in one go.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
I’ve found when you open the rear hatch after exiting the car, it will not auto lock after closing the hatch.
Yes same here and that's a Normal function as the hatch has a lock button and that's what is meant to be used 😊

1 - 9 of 9 Posts