Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by my dealer that the auto parking brake cannot be shut off permanently. I've been trying to shut it off following the instructions in the Owner's Manual but it keeps coming back on. I assume the dealer is correct but I have a hard time believing it.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
377 Posts
why would you want to shut it off permanently?

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
It disinguages on its own anyways as long as the driver's seat belt is on .. just lightly press the accelerator and it's off. To me it's a good safety feature to have it turn on when the vehicle is parked and to always turn on and plus with way it gets used all the time.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
71 Posts
You could most likely find the fuse and remove it... Or crawl under and unplug it if you really wanted.

NOT RECOMMENDING THAT!

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
35 Posts
You could most likely find the fuse and remove it... Or crawl under and unplug it if you really wanted.

NOT RECOMMENDING THAT!
If you remove the fuse will it not stay on? When you turn everything off I thought that the brake was automatically applied. My understanding is that the brake is held off with electric as opposed to held on.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
71 Posts
It is not "held off with electric". It engages / Disengages electronically .

So start the car and disengage the parking brake. Then remove the fuse... I would NOT recommend this for safety reasons. If your brakes were to fail all you can depend on is the e brake. For people who are unaware ... To use the emergency brake while in motion. You must hold up the switch and keep holding it until the vehicle stops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts