Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had our car for nearly two months and 3K miles. AWD base.

One of my work obligations is deciding what to do about bad weather and attendance. With some bad ice storms and slush freezing over and now a week of barely double digits f and snow, I have driven through much bad weather. Many rural, unplowed roads. And, of course, crap inclines of ice and snow.

So far, so good. I've gassed it around turns to slide a bit for the 12 year old in me. Who wouldn't? But straight up driving down rural roads that no one would unless they had to? Great. No complaints. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
646 Posts
Have had our car for nearly two months and 3K miles. AWD base.

One of my work obligations is deciding what to do about bad weather and attendance. With some bad ice storms and slush freezing over and now a week of barely double digits f and snow, I have driven through much bad weather. Many rural, unplowed roads. And, of course, crap inclines of ice and snow.

So far, so good. I've gassed it around turns to slide a bit for the 12 year old in me. Who wouldn't? But straight up driving down rural roads that no one would unless they had to? Great. No complaints. I'm impressed.
I am in northern Canada where the temps get to -35 below Zero.. and we get allot of snow and I mean allot .. iv thrown a set of new winter tires on for my first full winter with the my CX 30 and yah the i-active AWD is a amazing system. Been through some really good snow storms this year and it did awesome.. I could feel the confidence and the AWD system working . I will also add that cold starting abilities with no Block heater in -35 below Zero are really impressive! 😊 I work nights and park in n the middle of a parking lot in the open and no way to plug it in if I did have a block heater and morning time it starts right up no hesitation.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
66 Posts
We're having an Alaska episode here in Oklahoma this week. It's been below freezing for about a week and Saturday night the precipitation started. We had maybe an inch of sleet/snow yesterday morning followed by about another 1/2" of just snow. Last night the snow really piled up - maybe 4"-5" on the highway. Totally unheard of in this part of Oklahoma (the Southeast corner) - the other parts of the state see this much more often. Tonight we're supposed to be down to around -1F. So this morning I drive my AWD CX-30 to work, 25 miles. Not a bobble. Excellent all-wheel-drive. And I have the stock Bridgestone tires. I had driven to the grocery store yesterday morning on what was just the sleet/snow and was pretty impressed is why I drove it to work this morning. There is a large parking lot near the grocery store with not a thing on it yesterday so I decided I'd see how the thing would handle some emergency like braking/maneuvering. I couldn't get the thing to misbehave. That's why I decided to drive the CX-30 instead of my big Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 this morning. But I got a little paranoid after I got to work because the snow kept coming down - I was concerned the CX-30 might be a little too low to the ground. We are predicted to have more snow tomorrow night and aren't going to see above freezing temps for several more days. We really don't have snowplows... I may drive my truck if the snow gets too deep. Otherwise I'm just more and more impressed with the CX-30!

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
74 Posts
We're having an Alaska episode here in Oklahoma this week. It's been below freezing for about a week and Saturday night the precipitation started. We had maybe an inch of sleet/snow yesterday morning followed by about another 1/2" of just snow. Last night the snow really piled up - maybe 4"-5" on the highway. Totally unheard of in this part of Oklahoma (the Southeast corner) - the other parts of the state see this much more often. Tonight we're supposed to be down to around -1F. So this morning I drive my AWD CX-30 to work, 25 miles. Not a bobble. Excellent all-wheel-drive. And I have the stock Bridgestone tires. I had driven to the grocery store yesterday morning on what was just the sleet/snow and was pretty impressed is why I drove it to work this morning. There is a large parking lot near the grocery store with not a thing on it yesterday so I decided I'd see how the thing would handle some emergency like braking/maneuvering. I couldn't get the thing to misbehave. That's why I decided to drive the CX-30 instead of my big Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4 this morning. But I got a little paranoid after I got to work because the snow kept coming down - I was concerned the CX-30 might be a little too low to the ground. We are predicted to have more snow tomorrow night and aren't going to see above freezing temps for several more days. We really don't have snowplows... I may drive my truck if the snow gets too deep. Otherwise I'm just more and more impressed with the CX-30!
Last year, here in SE Pa, just a trace of snow --- this season, Winter is Back! Like you, I've been impressed too with how the CX30 handles on sleet and snow. Considering mine has those relatively skinny, stock Bridgestone tires, haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Remember!!! Use that off road button in deep snow stickey situations!! It really works well .. driven mine in just above ankle deep snow with that mode and boy did it get through it like nothing. Tho I imagine that the winter tires really help out but still. also temps here in northern Canada get done to -36 below Zero.

·
Registered
2020 / AWD / Base
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Left of the steering wheel on the dash. It is a graphic of the car on a hill of spaghetti.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Left of the steering wheel on the dash. It is a graphic of the car on a hill of spaghetti.
Works very well ! Iv used it this winter and took my chances of getting stuck it was as so bad .. but it sure worked well and prevention of getting stuck in the first place.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
14 Posts
I got to finally put my AWD to good use during the recent winter storms here in Texas, and I have to say that while no vehicle is perfect, the past 3 days have made me love this car even more. Had no power for 2 days, so I had to venture out to find food and get to a hotel. Lost $100 worth of groceries thinking I would have power.

Just two weeks ago I was able to bring home my new 55" TV, and now the AWD has given me way more flexibility and confidence during this crisis; have had ZERO traction issues, it just goes.

Very quiet, very comfortable, and in just two weeks has proven to be very capable/practical. Any auto reviewers can complain all they want, but this car is freak'in(I'll keep it PG) amazing.

Seriously, I can say enough about how amazing this car has been especially during a time of need.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I got to finally put my AWD to good use during the recent winter storms here in Texas, and I have to say that while no vehicle is perfect, the past 3 days have made me love this car even more. Had no power for 2 days, so I had to venture out to find food and get to a hotel. Lost $100 worth of groceries thinking I would have power.

Just two weeks ago I was able to bring home my new 55" TV, and now the AWD has given me way more flexibility and confidence during this crisis; have had ZERO traction issues, it just goes.

Very quiet, very comfortable, and in just two weeks has proven to be very capable/practical. Any auto reviewers can complain all they want, but this car is freak'in(I'll keep it PG) amazing.

Seriously, I can say enough about how amazing this car has been especially during a time of need.
mazda has a very awsome inovative awd system... its not a stupid system like on the nissan rouge sport i had as it used a slip AWD engage system which by the time it sent power to the rear it was too late and already lost traction.. Mazda's i-active AWD system on the other hand is predictive and the way Dave Coleman chief engineer for Mazda North America explains how the system works. It basically is running vehicle dynamics symulator inside of the vehicles computer looking at various different data points and uses the 26 sensors as data and collecting it 200 times a second to predict you the drivers intent and apply the correct AWD power split before wheel slip ever even happens... With out getting to much more into the technical aspects on the system its a very very smart system.. most vehicles use a slip grip system but not mazda.. already on before that happens :) I my self love the system and i am a bit of a spirited driver!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts