Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here in Northern part of Ontario Canada.. we are having a snow storm that's been going on for two days now.
I must say that the cx 30 AWD system fitted with toyo gsi obersve 5 winter tires has been getting me around very well and when i had to use the traction assist mode as a precaution
to get onto my street home after work this morning after snowing all night I had no issues getting home while i watched most people in a FWD vehicle etc getting stuck and so far we have 25 cm of snow total. LOL off i go to work again tonight and im looking forward to the drive to work in my CX 30

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
it's pouring down this morning in south-eastern, Ontario 😁

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's pouring down this morning in south-eastern, Ontario 😁
Enjoy the I avtiv AWD! 😁 I didn't get stuck once .. went into pretty deep snow bottom from was plowing through and threw on the traction assist button and wow wheels stopped spinning and back wheels dug rights in and kept moving like it was nothing at all.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were you running it with that "off road" button on? How is it without it on? I just came across this video and wasn't impressed.

Mazda 3 2020 Awd Hatchback Premium Snow Performance - YouTube
Yes I did for the very deep stuff as one point it was so deep was almost high centred but holey s**t as soon as I threw that off road mode button on .. my winter tires dug right in and I could feel the AWD sending power to the back in a 50/50 split and started moving again with flying colors 😃 and got moving allot more quickly without coming to a halt with wheels spinning but not moving.. if it wasn't for that button I would have come to a stop and gotten stuck but that mode kept me going with no issues like it was a 4x4 Truck. Also might I add I can tell they didn't actually have the off road button activated in that vid and those tires they are useing in the snow are crap for that. I am running a brand new set of Toyo GSI observe 5.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear. No snow in Nova Scotia but it's coming and glad to know the CX-30 handles it so well.
Yes it was very impressive but keep in mind you need to not use the stock tires for winter and snow as they are not designed for that and you will be skidding and sliding around like it's on ski's haha I'm running a set of Toyo GSI observe 5 winters and I'm pretty happy with them 😁 they have walnut shells as studs for ice and they seem to work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.