Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CTEK MXS 5.0 smart charger that I would like to use with my CX-30. This charger has a specific mode for ‘AGM’ stop/start batteries. Does anyone know if the CX-30 uses this battery type? Also, on a more general note, if I charge the battery in situ do I have to disconnect the battery first (something that I would rather avoid and certainly something that I never had to do with my MX5)? The owners manual is not as clear as it might be on this ... well, to me anyway:unsure:

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 TPP Soul Red Turbo AWD Skyactive G
5 Posts
I used a CTEK MXS 5.0 charger overnight on my CX-30 when I first brought it home after an extended configuration session with the car not running. My US car does not have a AGM battery and I'd be surprised if that's used anywhere, as my dealer stated that Mazda doesn't do start/stop. I charged with the battery in place.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
57 Posts
I use a CTEK CT5 Start/Stop charger on my Mazda without disconnecting the battery. Your UK Mazda has iStop and will have the special battery.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts
I used a CTEK MXS 5.0 charger overnight on my CX-30 when I first brought it home after an extended configuration session with the car not running. My US car does not have a AGM battery and I'd be surprised if that's used anywhere, as my dealer stated that Mazda doesn't do start/stop. I charged with the battery in place.
In the UK market certain models have a start/stop engine and an additional battery to help with this. It's the reason my model (and others) is known as a MHEV - Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle.

@GeoffB You might peruse this thread about charging the battery (especially post 26).

Reactions: GeoffB

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the UK market certain models have a start/stop engine and an additional battery to help with this. It's the reason my model (and others) is known as a MHEV - Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle.

@GeoffB You might peruse this thread about charging the battery (especially post 26).
Thanks Savcom, that is really helpful and appreciate your finding it 👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts