Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Mazda, CX-30 GT Sport Tech MHEV Auto SKYACTIV X
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
On my Skyactiv X GT Sport I had a flat battery similar to reports on this forum, like some others even after I had fully charged the battery I had faults reported. I left the car for a couple of days, battery was fine, but the vehicle would not start and had to be dragged back to the dealer on the back of a recovery vehicle.

The only explanation I got from the dealer was that the battery was faulty and had been replaced. The manual specifies that the battery should be “12V-60Ah/20HR or 12V-65Ah/20HR”, however the replacement fitted is a “20HR 55Ah CCA 355A” a smaller capacity. Mazda say that this smaller battery has been approved for the CX-30.

I wondered what other peoples experience is and indeed what battery is fitted to your cars? I am interested in the capacity and the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) specification.

·
Registered
CX 30 GT Sport MHEV Auto
1 Posts
Hi,
On my Skyactiv X GT Sport I had a flat battery similar to reports on this forum, like some others even after I had fully charged the battery I had faults reported. I left the car for a couple of days, battery was fine, but the vehicle would not start and had to be dragged back to the dealer on the back of a recovery vehicle.

The only explanation I got from the dealer was that the battery was faulty and had been replaced. The manual specifies that the battery should be “12V-60Ah/20HR or 12V-65Ah/20HR”, however the replacement fitted is a “20HR 55Ah CCA 355A” a smaller capacity. Mazda say that this smaller battery has been approved for the CX-30.

I wondered what other peoples experience is and indeed what battery is fitted to your cars? I am interested in the capacity and the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) specification.
Interesting - I have just had exactly the same problem on my CX 30 Skyactiv X GT Sport Auto. Battery died, recharged, car ok for a couple of days, then total software failure of the Body Control Module. Car had to be dragged onto a recovery truck. Sat at dealers for 11 days until I was asked to collect it. Mine was only 10 days old when the battery went flat! I have now been told " not to listen to the radio or have the interior lights on for more than a couple of minutes-not even remain in the car for more than 5 minutes(because of the key fob presence)-unless the engine is running! This was from Mazda UK Tech Support!! I will be rejecting the car tomorrow on legal advice.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
367 Posts
Interesting - I have just had exactly the same problem on my CX 30 Skyactiv X GT Sport Auto. Battery died, recharged, car ok for a couple of days, then total software failure of the Body Control Module. Car had to be dragged onto a recovery truck. Sat at dealers for 11 days until I was asked to collect it. Mine was only 10 days old when the battery went flat! I have now been told " not to listen to the radio or have the interior lights on for more than a couple of minutes-not even remain in the car for more than 5 minutes(because of the key fob presence)-unless the engine is running! This was from Mazda UK Tech Support!! I will be rejecting the car tomorrow on legal advice.
Rejecting the car can be a long process, hopefully you have a understanding dealer that will advise and help you.
we returned a car a few years ago, due to paint problems, luckly our dealer bought the car to speed thing up, if not i could of taken months to sort out apparently.

·
Registered
2020, Mazda, CX-30 GT Sport Tech MHEV Auto SKYACTIV X
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a brief account of the problem I had with my car, I thought it might be of interest to you.
  1. The day I took delivery I drove it about 40 miles home, parked the car made sure everything was switched off and the car locked. Later that day, in the evening, decided to explore the infotainment System. Switched the vehicle into ACC mode, within 10 or 15 minutes the display dimmed. I thought this might be some sort of timeout so I switched from ACC to ignition ON. The electrical system “died”. Any electrical device that I tried no longer worked. I opened the bonnet and directly measured the battery voltage with a Multimeter, it indicated 7 volts.
  2. When I had eventually charged the battery enough to start the vehicle I had the following warnings: : “Check Engine” light, “Keyless Entry System Malfunction”, “Push Button Start Malfunction”. Stopped the engine, disconnected the negative battery terminal and left it for some time. Reconnected the battery, “Check Engine” fault indicator no longer present but other two fault indications were. However both Push Button start and Keyless Entry System appeared to be working. Went for a short drive, then returned home with no further problems presenting.
  3. Left the car for a day without touching it at all, when I eventually thought I would give it another chance I was unable to start it; could not even put the System into ACC mode. I measured the battery voltage at more than 12v.
  4. Mazda Assistance were not able to start the car either so eventually it got dragged off the drive and returned to the Dealer where it stayed for just over a week.
I would be interested to know what information your Dealer gave you about the cause of the fault. I would also be interested to know if the battery was replaced and irrespective of that what the battery spec is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I am new here and have recently bought a CX-30 with the X engine in Australia. 5000km in the first 6 weeks and no problems. My wife has a long commute.....
Just reading this article out of interest, and I am curious. Do all X engined-CX-30s have the M-hybrid system as they do here? If so, I am wondering why there isn't any mention of the 24V battery in all of this discussion as it operates the starter. I know that the 12V battery is the "house" power, and operates all of the systems, but for the car not to start there must be some interaction with the 24V system? For example, the CCA rating of the 12V battery wouldn't be all that important if the 24V battery always does the cranking..
I am writing from a position of supreme ignorance here so please correct me if I am way out with what I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts