Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this big break kit on the cx30 yet? The breaks are the weakest link on my turbo I feel like and I’m tempted to try this kit. They look like they would really increase stoping power. They would look sharp on the cx30 also. I love the red calibers!

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I have thought about it but the note in the description states they may need a 12 mm spacer for the wheel to clear the caliper. Not something I am excited about, it would require longer studs and it would push the wheels outboard. I sized my aftermarket wheels to be as close to flush F & R as possible without staggered wheels.
I agree the brakes aren't a strong suit of the CX 30 and I don't have a turbo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have thought about it but the note in the description states they may need a 12 mm spacer for the wheel to clear the caliper. Not something I am excited about, it would require longer studs and it would push the wheels outboard. I sized my aftermarket wheels to be as close to flush F & R as possible without staggered wheels.
I agree the brakes aren't a strong suit of the CX 30 and I don't have a turbo.
Thanks for the reply! That’s some good information to know. I didn’t read closely on what all it required. It sounds like more of a pain in the ass then it’s worth maybe. Especially if the wheels are sticking out of the wheel wells to much.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Thanks for the reply! That’s some good information to know. I didn’t read closely on what all it required. It sounds like more of a pain in the ass then it’s worth maybe. Especially if the wheels are sticking out of the wheel wells to much.
You could go with some more aggressive pads but they may eat the rotors faster. :)

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo Polymetal Gray
42 Posts
Hopefully we can just get performance pads/calipers for cheap and that would be the end of it, this kit is very expensive. I noticed that braking effort is reduced by having the centre of the pedal at your midfoot. If you break with your forefoot it will feel weak instead.

So good front pads + upgrade your tires = best price/performance brakes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts