Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Premium
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a CX-30 Premium yesterday and love it. Curious if anyone has any recommendations for bike racks? I'm most likely going to get a hitch installed at a u-haul and run a hitch rack, but wanted to see if anyone had any direct experience.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Cx-30 GS
4 Posts
I have a swagman on mine which is a cheaper aternative to the Thule and compatible with my fatbike in the winter. A really great and sturdy rack overall for the price, I am an occasional biker. I paid 175$ for mine used. The only downside is the 1" offset with the bumper, you have to watch out during installation but that's it. Hope this help!
20200827_173153.jpg
20210331_182657.jpg

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
765 Posts
Alternate suggestion - I avoided that problem by purchasing a folding e-bike so that it goes inside the hatch with no problem.😄

·
Registered
CX30 Skyactiv X Sports lux Black
37 Posts
I have a Yakima 2 e-bike rack. Really good and folds up in a minute and stores in the boot.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
574 Posts
I just bought a CX-30 Premium yesterday and love it. Curious if anyone has any recommendations for bike racks? I'm most likely going to get a hitch installed at a u-haul and run a hitch rack, but wanted to see if anyone had any direct experience.

Thanks!
@butterboy - there are other threads about towing hitches on the CX-30 and the issues in Canada.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
163 Posts
I have a swagman on mine which is a cheaper aternative to the Thule and compatible with my fatbike in the winter. A really great and sturdy rack overall for the price, I am an occasional biker. I paid 175$ for mine used. The only downside is the 1" offset with the bumper, you have to watch out during installation but that's it. Hope this help! View attachment 1672 View attachment 1673
J'ai aussi un Swagman Chinook et je l'adore.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 GT DCBlue w/Gyeon Syncro Ceramic Coat + PPF
25 Posts
Anyone have experience with a bike rack mounted and the full safety spec? I’m wondering how it is going to interfere with Blindspot, lane departure, etc. I know the backup sensors will panic but more concerned with driving forwards. Installing the Curt hitch tomorrow and hooking a Thule T2 Pro XTR to it. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone have experience with a bike rack mounted and the full safety spec? I’m wondering how it is going to interfere with Blindspot, lane departure, etc. I know the backup sensors will panic but more concerned with driving forwards. Installing the Curt hitch Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
20 Posts

Thanks!
It isn't cheap, but the 1UpUSA rack is universally beloved. I only transport one bike, so the cost wasn't as high. It fits almost all bikes, has a terrific locking system available, tilts so you can open a hatch or trunk lid, is relatively light in weight, and comes in aluminum or black anodized. Do NOT get the Saris Freedom rack as the straps don't hold. I ended up dragging my bike on its handlebars on the freeway when the top strap gave out and the wheel straps held the bike on the rack. I had to replace the handlebars, shifters, and brake levers. To their credit, Saris paid for the parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My CX-30 GT slams on the brakes in reverse with bikes mounted to the hitch.... SBS-R is the culprit but must be disabled by going into the menu each time the vehicle is started.
I hope Mazda has some sort of software update for when the hitch is added to disable this easily otherwise that is an absolute pain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My CX-30 GT slams on the brakes in reverse with bikes mounted to the hitch.... SBS-R is the culprit but must be disabled by going into the menu each time the vehicle is started.
I hope Mazda has some sort of software update for when the hitch is added to disable this easily otherwise that is an absolute pain.
Definitely a pain for cyclists. I took my CX-30 to have a Garmin dash cam installed, and brought my bike to ride during the installation. I warned the installer about backing up, but he still got caught by it. A shortcut to temporarily disable the SBS-R would be great.

·
Registered
2021 Premium Plus Turbo
6 Posts

Thanks!
The only Bike rack I am considering. 1up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only Bike rack I am considering. 1up.

View attachment 1870
Absolutely! You will never find someone who owns a 1Up and doesn't think it's great. I recommend the keyed-alike lock set to go with it, two for the wheels and one to lock the rack to the hitch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts