Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this on another cx 30 forum.

.Combined with the European ride height it would look even better.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
I saw this on another cx 30 forum.

.Combined with the European ride height it would look even better.
Sounds good, any photo's? I chose the Deep Crystal Blue as the cladding is not so obtrusive on the dark colours. I would have chosen pearl white myself but the excessive black plastic totally spoiled the appearance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, any photo's? I chose the Deep Crystal Blue as the cladding is not so obtrusive on the dark colours. I would have chosen pearl white myself but the excessive black plastic totally spoiled the appearance.
You don't see the photos when you click the link?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
it worked for me, but just in case it doesn't work for other members here it is:

Reactions: Deep blue mica

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 SkyActiv-X 180 2WD Luxury (2020)
24 Posts
There is taste and there is taste. Personal I don't like this 'option' at all. And if you look good, there is a different in color. But everyone decides for his/her own. :p

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
66 Posts
I learnt as a kid that painting my Matchbox cars made them worse (could be I'm just a bad painter). I apply this knowledge to real cars, I try to keep mine as stock as possible (window tinting aside).

Thank you for showing us what it looks like.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 FWD Sport, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
61 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but the painted fender cladding gives it a Ford Focus vibe.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kinda. A full cure would be factory steel fender stampings that eliminate the seams and only use a reasonable size moulding but that is not a realistic option open to present owners, that is if you see the huge black mouldings as a problem in the first place, as I do.
The CX3 has it shortcomings, but IMO it is the best looking SUV viewed in profile, with wheel gaps and cladding well handled. The designer who handled those aspects of the CX30 should be canned. Looks like a hatchback that had the wheel wells hacked out jacked up on straight axles for swamping.
Maybe that was the look they were intending.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
I would have chosen pearl white myself but the excessive black plastic totally spoiled the appearance.
to each his own, I got the snowflake white pearl because of the excessive black plastic, I liked the strong contrast it provided. 😄

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it's all subjective, in the eye of the beholder. I do tend to exaggerate.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 FWD Sport, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
61 Posts
Here's a Photoshopped job by TheStraightPipes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for photo but If they intended to show arches in matching paint they failed, if not then semi-matching satin is not much help.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wouldn't just buying a black car solve the issue?
Somewhat. But as to personal taste, I would never buy another black car. (owned a couple already and they show every minor flaw)
And there is the additional problem that like the above red rendition, The arches are satin, the rest of the body gloss, so there is still a contrast of sorts that makes the arches still stand out if much less so.

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo PP AWD/Snowflake White Pearl Mica/White Leather
61 Posts
it worked for me, but just in case it doesn't work for other members here it is:

View attachment 1463
I was not a fan of the black cladding but after getting my Turbo with the black wheels and mirror caps it looks awesome. I might have all the black cladding vinyl wrapped in gloss black but not sure. I think the fenders don’t look right color matched. IMHO it looks off.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
I wasn't a fan of black cladding at 1st too. But after a few months, it grew on me. I don't mind it now and definitely wouldn't spend money on something like paint or a wrap, which I was pondering priorl.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium AWD
15 Posts
The cladding was jarring at first, but now I'm used it and think it looks fine. Also, I can't lie about how nice it is to worry about less paint. Easy to clean and combined with the extra clearance, you don't have to worry about debris chipping the paint on the lower parts of the car. I love sedans, but here in Texas there is construction everywhere and my 2018 Mazda6's lower fascia looked pretty beat up after just two years.

PPF would be pretty much mandatory if I were to buy another sedan in the future; the CX-30 has been a lot more manageable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts