Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Bluetooth troubles

10K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  rbowler88 
#1 ·
If anyone is reading this before they buy a 2020 Mazda CX-30, be sure to check and make sure the Bluetooth is working before you make an offer. My Mazda is a week old and has been in the shop for 2 days, they put 244 miles on it, and a part is on order.

#4 ·
Which phone? What exactly is the problem? We have both my wife's iPhone7 and my Samsung Galaxy S10e paired, here was done first since she's the primary driver, and the only connection issue with my phone is that when we get out and then back back in, it connects as a phone only and will not connect automatically to play audio so I have to reset it to get it to do that. No problems otherwise.

#6 ·
Well, I’ve got my Cx-30 back and they replaced the CM which is the car communication system.
What was happening was i would connect my iPhone X via Bluetooth and it would stay connected for a few minutes. Then the system wouldn’t recognize my phone and disconnect, it was not saving the permission code from my iPhone. A message would come up saying it’s not connected.
Anyway, I have the new unit in now but the tire pressure does not register on the Mazda app.
I‘m still trying to get an answer from the dealership about that.

#7 ·
I've had this happen once. A day or so after I got my car, it "forgot" my S10. I chalked it up to maybe some crosstalk between Android Auto and the phone. Regardless, I re-paired it and it has been ok since. I will say though that I've noticed that the Bluetooth will occasionally drop for no apparent reason, but then immediately reconnects itself. :unsure:

#9 ·
Got a reply from Mazda. They said to factory reset the Walkmans. I did and it made no difference. However I then thought to factory reset the Mazda. I did and I managed to get the older Walkman running Bluetooth 3.0 to pair. However the newer Walkman running Bluetooth 4.2 still won’t pair with error message Could Not Connect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.