1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30, 2020
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Would be nice if one may help me with the following:
1) what is the depth of the sub trunk panel in your car (the cars in Russia have a really thick one installed; the same is true with Mazda 6, but I bought the sub, which is being installed in the cars meant for European market - it is much more thinner)?
2) would a disk with ET50 fit to CX30, where ET is 45 iaw tech details? (I have a set of wheels left from my Kia Ceed JD, so the idea is to use them as the winter replacement)

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards
Mikhail

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
78 Posts
Mikhail,

I hope I'm understanding correctly:

Would be nice if one may help me with the following:

1) what is the depth of the sub trunk panel in your car (the cars in Russia have a really thick one installed; the same is true with Mazda 6, but I bought the sub, which is being installed in the cars meant for European market - it is much more thinner)?
I believe you are wanting to know the thickness of the floor of the cargo area - the panel that covers the spare tire compartment. On my U.S.A. spec CX-30 the panel is approximately 13mm. I don't know how that compares to one in Europe...

2) would a disk with ET50 fit to CX30, where ET is 45 iaw tech details? (I have a set of wheels left from my Kia Ceed JD, so the idea is to use them as the winter replacement)
Is the wheel from the Kia Ceed the same width as a CX-30 wheel? The difference between ET50 and ET45 is only 5mm. I am no expert but I believe that is a negligible difference and shouldn't cause you trouble. If the wheels are a different width you will need to do some mathematics and then decide if they are compatible. Here is a link to a page that will help with the calculations - the part you need is on the 2nd half of the page:

Tire Size and Wheel Offset Calculations

Good luck!

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30, 2020
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supercrewbear
Yep, thank you very much.
The thickness of tub (I mean that plastic thing around the spare wheel, which makes the floor even) in my car is 20cm.
I think I will fit one the wheel from Kia to CX30 to see if it rotates freely (all the dimensions are the same except for ET).

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
here's what that part looks like on my Canadian model that takes the compact spare.

Reactions: meehalych

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select
48 Posts
Yes, mine is shorter than yours. I don't know if this is due to the AWD (All Wheel Drive) system or if all of the North American vehicles have the same specs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts