Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, I have spoken to Mazda and they say they've never heard of it.
I am sitting in the living room and see my car boot opening on the driveway. The fob is on the table (well out of range) and there's no one else with access to the car. I am concerned because if it happens again, anyone who walks past could get into my car.
I know there is a recall around the boot randomly dropping, but this is the opposite problem and has really got me worried. I leave my car in a public car park during the week.

If anyone else has had this issue, I'd be interested to hear what you did to resolve it.

Many thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only time I've had this happen to me is when I have the fob in my pocket and the button is accidentally pressed when I sit down, or by other objects in my pocket like keys or wallet pressing on it. It's very weird that it's happening to you when the fob is just sitting on the table.

Is it possible that something else on your table is pressing on the fob?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
30 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue, I have spoken to Mazda and they say they've never heard of it.
I am sitting in the living room and see my car boot opening on the driveway. The fob is on the table (well out of range) and there's no one else with access to the car. I am concerned because if it happens again, anyone who walks past could get into my car.
I know there is a recall around the boot randomly dropping, but this is the opposite problem and has really got me worried. I leave my car in a public car park during the week.

If anyone else has had this issue, I'd be interested to hear what you did to resolve it.

Many thanks
It's funny this came up. I've had mine about 10 days now and this happened once last Thursday evening. I had been out of the garage for hours and I came back and the rear hatch was open. I swear I didn't have the fob in my pocket. However, I had gone to the store earlier and it could have been me not paying attention. I am now..... :)

Reactions: Grillz80

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's funny this came up. I've had mine about 10 days now and this happened once last Thursday evening. I had been out of the garage for hours and I came back and the rear hatch was open. I swear I didn't have the fob in my pocket. However, I had gone to the store earlier and it could have been me not paying attention. I am now..... :)
Thats interesting to hear, I didnt think it could just be me. I took everything out of the car yesterday, so there wouldn't be anything to steal. I always assumed the walk away locking would also close and lock the boot, but your story clearly shows it doesn't. The fact its happened twice has really put me off this car, I often have to park in some really sketchy places for work, if it opened then, my car would get ripped apart. I have it booked in for the recall boot and system issue, but Im annoyed that Mazda are denying this issue exists.

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only time I've had this happen to me is when I have the fob in my pocket and the button is accidentally pressed when I sit down, or by other objects in my pocket like keys or wallet pressing on it. It's very weird that it's happening to you when the fob is just sitting on the table.

Is it possible that something else on your table is pressing on the fob?
Hi, thanks for replying, no my fob was on its own on the table, there was nothing near it and the buttons were face up. It's happened twice now, both times the fob was in the same place.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you have a second fob somewhere that could be affecting it?

Also is the car locked when you see the hatch opening by itself? because that would rule out someone or something pressing the physical button on the hatch when you're not looking.

Otherwise it definitely sounds like something is very wrong. Some sort of electrical short in the car, or maybe interference from someone else's equipment (nearby cars, garage door openers, etc.)

Has your dealer opened a ticket with Mazda about it yet? or do they want you to confirm it's still a problem first.

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a second fob somewhere that could be affecting it?

Also is the car locked when you see the hatch opening by itself? because that would rule out someone or something pressing the physical button on the hatch when you're not looking.

Otherwise it definitely sounds like something is very wrong. Some sort of electrical short in the car, or maybe interference from someone else's equipment (nearby cars, garage door openers, etc.)

Has your dealer opened a ticket with Mazda about it yet? or do they want you to confirm it's still a problem first.
Hi, my partner has the second fob and he was miles away at the time. The car was locked because I had returned home from shopping and I had locked it when I took the last bag out. It was some 30 minutes later that I saw the boot lid rising. Mazda were sceptical and said they couldn't see any way for that to happen (its twice now), but by chance I have it booked in on the 23rd because of the national recall. So fingers crossed they can see something when they check it.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
719 Posts
I believe the app is US only
I also run the MyMazda app and I am in the UK. The functionality in the UK version of the app is pretty basic. We don't get Remote Start, for example, and we don't get many notifications (unless you want to know about when your car is next due a service).

You might ask Mazda if the fob is in any way faulty (like a sticking/loose button, for example)? Or if there is a way to disable remote opening and seeing if the problem re-occurs.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
719 Posts
is the recall specific to this issue or some other issue ?
I think the recall was to deal with weak struts that may cause the boot/trunk lid to try to close, especially of the car is parked on an incline.

Reactions: Grillz80

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
69 Posts
Try taking the battery out of your remote and use the spare one only for a while. I had a similar problem with the doors self opening on my pervious CX5. After a week just using the spare fob no problems so I reinstated the battery in the original one and the problem started again. The original fob was replaced by Mazda but with no explanation.

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Try taking the battery out of your remote and use the spare one only for a while. I had a similar problem with the doors self opening on my pervious CX5. After a week just using the spare fob no problems so I reinstated the battery in the original one and the problem started again. The original fob was replaced by Mazda but with no explanation.
I'll try that thanks

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is the recall specific to this issue or some other issue ?
Yes as Savcom said, boot closing when parked on kerb, also an issue with the computer system, two recalls. But who knows if there could be a connection to my issue and either of those recalls.

·
Registered
2020 Sport Lux
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I also run the MyMazda app and I am in the UK. The functionality in the UK version of the app is pretty basic. We don't get Remote Start, for example, and we don't get many notifications (unless you want to know about when your car is next due a service).

You might ask Mazda if the fob is in any way faulty (like a sticking/loose button, for example)? Or if there is a way to disable remote opening and seeing if the problem re-occurs.
Thats a shame, but it would explain why despite watching a load of instruction videos, I couldnt get that option to appear on the app.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
31 Posts
This looks like a good suggestion to me having read the thread. It’s all about trying to eliminate things that may be causing this odd and rather scary fault. I too wonder if the fob is faulty and is causing the issue. Will be interesting to see if jonceebee’s idea fixes this problem 🤞🏻

·
Registered
2021 PGM PP Turbo
29 Posts
Guess I'll have to join this hallucinating crowd. Mine just did it for the second time today. First time, we were on a trip, and I ran into to grab a snack. Came out and asked my wife (who was still in the car) why she opened the hatch. She was totally unaware it had opened. Second time was today when I walked out into my garage, and it was open. Totally random, fob in it's normal spot in house. Hope someone figures this out, and soon.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts