Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a new owner literally picked it up last night and really loving the car and the way it drives.

This may seem like a silly question but I was watching a video by the Mazda Gurus on Youtube to learn about all the controls in the car and I came across one that shows how to adjust the max height of the boot opening.
In the comments of the video someone mentioned that they open and close the boot by hand and said they hoped they didnt damage anything.
So my question, is there anything wrong with opening it by hand? As I sometimes park in a private garage and depending on the space I get there are low pipes/lower ceiling which even small cars can hit if you open the boot fully.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
Hello, I'm a new owner literally picked it up last night and really loving the car and the way it drives.

This may seem like a silly question but I was watching a video by the Mazda Gurus on Youtube to learn about all the controls in the car and I came across one that shows how to adjust the max height of the boot opening.
In the comments of the video someone mentioned that they open and close the boot by hand and said they hoped they didnt damage anything.
So my question, is there anything wrong with opening it by hand? As I sometimes park in a private garage and depending on the space I get there are low pipes/lower ceiling which even small cars can hit if you open the boot fully.
You can set the height that the hatch lifts up to by pressing and holding the lock button on the car hatch at the required height..

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
6 Posts
...so the question for all of us who do not have a power boot (lift-gate), is there any way to adjust the opening height on our cars. Just got mine a few days too and have the same problem in my garage. It touches the open garage door when open.

I see many Utubes and redirects to the user manual for the power lift-gate, but none for manual opening one.

Any thoughts...I did contact the local dealer...waiting to see what they say???

Johnnie

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
401 Posts
a short piece of rope... lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
...so the question for all of us who do not have a power boot (lift-gate), is there any way to adjust the opening height on our cars. Just got mine a few days too and have the same problem in my garage. It touches the open garage door when open.

I see many Utubes and redirects to the user manual for the power lift-gate, but none for manual opening one.

Any thoughts...I did contact the local dealer...waiting to see what they say???

Johnnie
If your own garage door is the only problem Johnnie, then you could always stick a piece of foam or other padding to the inside of the door so it doesn’t damage your tailgate

·
Registered
2021 CX30, Black on Black, AWD
6 Posts
If your own garage door is the only problem Johnnie, then you could always stick a piece of foam or other padding to the inside of the door so it doesn’t damage your tailgate
Great minds think alike...that was the first thing I thought of...and did.

Johnnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts