Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX30 GT 2.5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now a proud owner of a 2021 CX30 GT, which has the Bose sound system which I had great experience in my 2019 Mazda 3 GT, but it is seemingly lackluster compared to the 3, not sure exactly how to describe the difference. Has anyone else noticed this or is my setup just faulty.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
746 Posts
I'm not unhappy with my Bose setup either.

Have you tried tweaking the settings at all?

And - as you're a proud owner, have you considered posting an introduction so we can all greet you properly?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 CX30 AWD Premium Skyactive G w/ Cyl Deactivation
28 Posts
The clarity is there even at full volume but the deep bass is missing for a 10 speaker Bose system. Maybe they did not want things shaking off…but around volume 36 is my sweet spot for most songs.

·
Banned
2021 PGM PP Turbo
57 Posts
Agreed, it's sub par for sure. I have the Premium Plus Turbo model, and would expect a premium plus sound system, yet my stock Honda Ridgeline sounds much better. Real lack of base as you said.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch polymetal gray over red/blk
233 Posts
The Bose system in my 2017 cx 5 is ok. My 2020 3 has the best Bose system I've heard, but I admit to not cranking up the base or high volumes. Mid level does it for me. Music clarity and nuance are delivered superbly, that's what I'm after.
Haven't tried the 30's.

Having owned both, what is the verdict detailcarguy?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
The clarity is there even at full volume but the deep bass is missing for a 10 speaker Bose system. Maybe they did not want things shaking off…but around volume 36 is my sweet spot for most songs.
the Bose system has 12 speakers, the base audio has 8 (which I have and find it more than adequate for my ears 😀)

Reactions: mimilano and Shawk

·
Registered
CX-30 SKY ACTIV-X 2.0 AWD GT Sport Tech Auto
6 Posts
I think its a question of GIGO - when I switched to playing 24bit FLAC studio masters from mp3s the difference was very noticeable and the Bose system sounds better than any other I've had in a car. I still would like an equaliser though!

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
746 Posts
I think its a question of GIGO - when I switched to playing 24bit FLAC studio masters from mp3s the difference was very noticeable and the Bose system sounds better than any other I've had in a car. I still would like an equaliser though!
This is important. Worse than MP3's (or even CDs), if what you are playing is streamed over Bluetooth, for example, then this could be the reason for the poor sound - not the system.

·
Banned
2021 PGM PP Turbo
57 Posts
Nah, neither. In my garage, same FM station, sounds awesome in the Ridgeline, no bass and flat equalization in the CX30. Same source, vastly different results.

·
Registered
2021 2.5L AWD 'Astina'
6 Posts
Hey guys, at first I was really underwhelmed with the performance of the sub. I thought it was very weak even compared to my previous cars generic speakers. Now I'm very happy with the performance of the audio system.

What you can do to get significantly more performance out of the sub is to adjust the position of the sound profile so that it is predominantly coming out of the back of the car. I think mine is set on about 70% towards the back and the audio is balanced nicely. Clear mids, highs and bass. If you set it all the way to the back and put some bass heavy music on you can really test out the kick for yourself. Yeah, it's not window rattling, public nuisance levels of bass, but it's enough to make your ears hurt. Sub-bass is still unfortunately weak, but I guess you can't expect much more from a speaker that size (that said I'm no expert on car audio.. so maybe you can).

·
Registered
PAST OWNER OF A AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated-curently have a 100th Anniversary edition mazda 3
739 Posts
Hey guys, at first I was really underwhelmed with the performance of the sub. I thought it was very weak even compared to my previous cars generic speakers. Now I'm very happy with the performance of the audio system.

What you can do to get significantly more performance out of the sub is to adjust the position of the sound profile so that it is predominantly coming out of the back of the car. I think mine is set on about 70% towards the back and the audio is balanced nicely. Clear mids, highs and bass. If you set it all the way to the back and put some bass heavy music on you can really test out the kick for yourself. Yeah, it's not window rattling, public nuisance levels of bass, but it's enough to make your ears hurt. Sub-bass is still unfortunately weak, but I guess you can't expect much more from a speaker that size (that said I'm no expert on car audio.. so maybe you can).
What I find intresting is I went from a cx 30 to a mazda 3... both have the premium bose system in them... But I do find it to sound better in the mazda 3 for some reason.. I even tweaked the settings and set the mazda 3 to exactly how the cx 30 was.. and still the mazda 3 is way better sounding.. hmm intresting

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am now a proud owner of a 2021 CX30 GT, which has the Bose sound system which I had great experience in my 2019 Mazda 3 GT, but it is seemingly lackluster compared to the 3, not sure exactly how to describe the difference. Has anyone else noticed this or is my setup just faulty.
Nah... you're not wrong.
I've had my 2021 cx30 GT AWD 2.5 Turbo for about a week now. It's no where near as bassy as my '17 Mazda3 GT was. Quite disappointed.

Also noticed:
Mp3s play like shit over Bluetooth
Spotify not bad
BPM on Xm radio not that great
Diplo revolution has so far had the best audio quality but nothing so far... not even the bassiest tracks I have that used to make my car vibrate... have much effect on the cx30 system. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts