Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm posting a few things, but cut me some slack because I only picked up my CX-30 Turbo Premium yesterday! :)

Does anyone find the front brakes noisy when applied and coming slowly to a stop? I'd describe it as a low-level roar. It's not rotational. It's directly tied to the application of the brake pedal under light load coming to a slow stop from around 10 mph. It only has about 240 miles on it and might need to wear in a bit, not sure. Ideas?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
I've not experienced anything like this, soory.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
174 Posts
Ok, so I'm posting a few things, but cut me some slack because I only picked up my CX-30 Turbo Premium yesterday! :)

Does anyone find the front brakes noisy when applied and coming slowly to a stop? I'd describe it as a low-level roar. It's not rotational. It's directly tied to the application of the brake pedal under light load coming to a slow stop from around 10 mph. It only has about 240 miles on it and might need to wear in a bit, not sure. Ideas?
Do you have any rust on the rotors or brake pads? Could be that.
If not there is a possibility the pads are shifting incorrectly within the housing and causing unnecessary noise, especially if they are dragging against the surface of the rotors.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Preferred FWD
50 Posts
Yes! I just noticed this noise. 3K miles on the engine. Its like a faint groan or growl. Only happens on the last few seconds of braking right before the car stops.
Went in to the dealer today and drove a brand new Cx30 from their lot. It had the same brake groan. Service says its "normal".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.