Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1,300 miles on my CX-30. I've been to the dealer three times for this, engaged Mazda corporate and have been told it's "Normal". Since I took delivery (130 miles on it because it had to be delivered from Northern Virginia to Virginia Beach), the brakes make a droning sound when gradually slowing from around 50 mph to around 30 mph. It only occurs when the brake pedal is depressed. It's clearly related to pads or rotors and I think it's coming from the rear end, passenger side. Dealer worked with Mazda technicians and say they've replaced the pads and rotors.....and now the dealer and Mazda say it's "Normal". It's not normal when passengers rountinely ask me "what the hell is that?" when I brake to slow down. I'll try to get a recording of it and post it here. Has anyone noticed irregular droning types of sounds while slowing? It shouldn't be rocket science for Mazda to fix this. There are only so many parts that can cause it. Very irritating on a 35K car! I can get over the cheap gauge cluster plastic that is already spiderwebbed (from delivery) and the sound of the driver's side door when closed (sounds cheap), but this one pisses me off. I'm half tempted to just replace all the pads and rotors myself as a last resort. Ideas/thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30
54 Posts
That's definitely not normal. I'd be hesitant to replace all the pads & rotors. Although unlikely, there could be an issue upstream independent of the pads & rotors. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. Well, three months worth of working with Mazda directly and I've been to the dealership four times for the droning sound that is CLEARLY a rotor noise. They had me take it to a different dealer and they shaved my rotors. The noise is greatly reduced but still grinding (audibly and on my last nerve). So, I called Mazda back under my open case number and asked why the dealer shaved rotors on my BRAND NEW car vice replacing them. Mazda says "well, it's brakes you know - not under warranty". Then I whipped out my service order when I first reported it the DAY I TOOK DELIVERY when the car was BRAND NEW (137 miles on it because it was delivered to the dealer for me from another in Northern Virginia). I reported the noise the day I took it home and the mileage I put on it that day was about 27 miles. Mazda is contacting the dealer and getting me NEW ROTORS all around. Mazda corporate has been great through all of this. The dealership....not so much (can't hear the sound....hear the sound but it's NORMAL, etc....). The lady at Mazda Corporate also commented that she is getting a lot of noise complaints about brakes on 2021 models and it has to do with a new parts supplier to the assembly plants. I'm thinking of just shelling out some money to get some good drilled and slotted rotors on my own at this point. I have little confidence even new rotors is going to quiet this thing down. Very unfortunate on an otherwise great car.

But, as I told the lady...... I do not expect to have brake problems on a brand new car.

Reactions: Lookeel
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.