Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GT 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This is more a question, then an issue.
The car is CX-30 AWD 2020
When the car is cold after parking for several days, pressing the brakes or changing the gear from Rear to Drive or visa versa produce some metal clipping sound. It is not very loud and you cannot hear that when your windows is closed. You can actually hear that from outside.
This is the first time I have automatic transmission. And it is actually relatively cold here in Canada (below zero). The car is kept in closed parking.
The car has passed regular service checkup approximately a couple of weeks ago. They checked and told everything is OK, so they just changed the oil. I don't remember if the car was giving any sound before the checkup. But I was not listening to it before. As I mentioned earlier, you cannot hear it when the windows are closed.
Do you have something like this? Is it normal or I shall make an appointment with the service again?

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
This is more a question, then an issue.
The car is CX-30 AWD 2020
When the car is cold after parking for several days, pressing the brakes or changing the gear from Rear to Drive or visa versa produce some metal clipping sound. It is not very loud and you cannot hear that when your windows is closed. You can actually hear that from outside.
This is the first time I have automatic transmission. And it is actually relatively cold here in Canada (below zero). The car is kept in closed parking.
The car has passed regular service checkup approximately a couple of weeks ago. They checked and told everything is OK, so they just changed the oil. I don't remember if the car was giving any sound before the checkup. But I was not listening to it before. As I mentioned earlier, you cannot hear it when the windows are closed.
Do you have something like this? Is it normal or I shall make an appointment with the service again?
I haven't heard anything like this on mine.. Tho the skyactive G accelerated warmup process that advances the engine timing sounds like metal in a can rattling around which is normal for the skyactiv G engine..I usually wait 30 seconds to a minute and a half for it to complete. The transmission on the other hand has a cable driven control going from the shifter to the transmission to select park drive ETC so you might be hearing that or the park gate disengagement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts