Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
When I got my CX30 2022 Select new I noticed a rattling/scraping noise when braking from around 30 mph to a stop. It doesn't always happen, but it's not difficult to reproduce. It sounds like a few cycles of rattling/scraping. It's not particularly loud and quite subtle, certainly with the radio it's hard to notice, but still annoying and worrisome on a new vehicle. I took it to the dealership and they couldn't reproduce it, but did a check and said they didn't find anything. I saw some folks on this forum referencing this issue but can't find a post on it or what the resolution could be. On reddit there are users who've experienced this as well - seems some are being told it's "normal". The CX30 is a lovely car, but it's pretty crushing to pay quite a bit of money for a vehicle that's already having issues day 1, and having to deal with the dealership that's probably not that interested in this random noise is also a pain. I also noticed sometimes I get a similar noise when turning at low speed over uneven ground, but usually it happens when braking only. At this point this is driving me a little nuts and soured my experience with this car. Any thoughts or ideas of where to go next with this?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo - Build 3/21
49 Posts
The body does creak on these models, I have it in the drivers rear and sometimes in the front while braking at low speeds, and then backing in/driving out of my driveway and in other conditions of uneven pavement.. It's nothing to worry about, and trust me I'm OCD on noises but it certainly isn't worrisome.

Take in for a check, have it documented but other than that, if it's considered normal, not much more you can do other than mention it each service. Sometimes you just need to enjoy the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The body does creak on these models, I have it in the drivers rear and sometimes in the front while braking at low speeds, and then backing in/driving out of my driveway and in other conditions of uneven pavement.. It's nothing to worry about, and trust me I'm OCD on noises but it certainly isn't worrisome.

Take in for a check, have it documented but other than that, if it's considered normal, not much more you can do other than mention it each service. Sometimes you just need to enjoy the car.
Yep that sounds like my experience. Went driving around today and it was definitely doing weird feint creaks on uneven pavement. Would be nice to understand at least where it's coming from, suspension? I took it for a check already so not sure what else the dealership will tell me other than "your car is fine". Need to be less OCD I guess. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 Preferred FWD
39 Posts
Yep that sounds like my experience. Went driving around today and it was definitely doing weird feint creaks on uneven pavement. Would be nice to understand at least where it's coming from, suspension? I took it for a check already so not sure what else the dealership will tell me other than "your car is fine". Need to be less OCD I guess. Thanks for the reply.
Don't ever take "you're too sensitive to noises" as an answer. I had my driver side front strut replaced at barely 3K miles due to failure. Factory defect, I'm guessing. There are many other owners with this issue that i know of (here on this forum or FB groups). The noise was a rattle/scrapping noise when going over road imperfections. Since that repair, I'm dealing with a lot of brake noise that the dealership dismissed at first, but they have now acknowledged that it's there. There's a "groan" brake noise and a clicking sound when driving in reverse. They are both known Mazda issues, but dealerships are fishy about them. Here's a TSB addressing a multitude of brake noises on the CX30, link below.

·
Registered
2021 mazda cx-30 2.5 S
46 Posts
The cx-30 isn't a perfect car. I love my cx-30 but yes i must admit it does have some minor creaking noises. The brakes creak usually first thing in the morning and sometimes when going into reverse. I also noticed if it's very hot or very cold outside i do notice some suspension noises when backing into my driveway. Funny thing is it's a bit cooler know that it's fall and it seems my cx-30 is very quiet. My cx-30 certainly doesn't like hot weather😂.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts